• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where do I start looking for a sponsor?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I've heard of names. Panda Global, Noble e-Sports, etc. I'm looking to get sponsored as a player, especially by one that can help fund my trips out to various locations. But I want to know where exactly to start looking and who's looking for players right now.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Are you gud? 0.o

If you place high and are pretty well known, most sponsors will contact you.

From what I know at least.

Last edited:

chaojimbo

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
OSRS#723
NNID
chaojimbo
I know a few people who have personally went out of their way and contacted anime hosting websites in order to get sponsored. They just have to advertise the website on their stream. Try just spreading yourself out with hobby sites that are somewhat low key.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I know a few people who have personally went out of their way and contacted anime hosting websites in order to get sponsored. They just have to advertise the website on their stream. Try just spreading yourself out with hobby sites that are somewhat low key.
Like Crunchyroll?

JustPeachy

Smash Rookie
Like Crunchyroll?
I don't think it would be wise to look for sponsors. You probably just want to improve your placings until they start reaching out to you. Chruncyroll is a pretty big player and only sponsor like Cloud 9 players if i'm correct.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
You probably just want to improve your placings until they start reaching out to you.
This is how you get sponsored. Most orgs don't take applications that say "Hey, Sponsor me!." They're looking for players who can consistently get high/top placings at large tournies, and they contact those players.

Like Crunchyroll?
With a name as huge as crunchyroll the above applies. You have to be a big enough player to be noticed by them.
Smaller websites you could ask for sponsorship in return for advertising space on a stream/etc.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I don't think it would be wise to look for sponsors. You probably just want to improve your placings until they start reaching out to you. Chruncyroll is a pretty big player and only sponsor like Cloud 9 players if i'm correct.
This is how you get sponsored. Most orgs don't take applications that say "Hey, Sponsor me!." They're looking for players who can consistently get high/top placings at large tournies, and they contact those players.

With a name as huge as crunchyroll the above applies. You have to be a big enough player to be noticed by them.
Smaller websites you could ask for sponsorship in return for advertising space on a stream/etc.
Any ideas? I'm not too familiar with many of them.

TyDye

Crash Bandicoot for Smash!
More often than not you will be approached by a sponsor after proving your worth by placing well in tournament. That said, you can approach small gaming related companies asking for sponsorship. They may "sponsor" you by paying your tournament entry fees in exchange for you advertising their company or product by wearing a shirt with their logo or using one of their controllers.

Top Bottom