• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where circle dashing is best:

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
BATTLEFIELD.

Yes, that place where suddenly, your maneuverability is cut 90%, your thunderjolts have lag on landing, and your QACs->full hops leave you wide open from below. Pikachu, which really relies on full hopping to trick and outmaneuver the opponent, gets screwed in this stage.

Yes Pika mains, practice on this stage, because it will probably be THE counterpick stage against you.

That's why circledashing here is superb as the last hope for pikachu. Or you can just switch characters.

check out circledashing in my video here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168404

Try it out and discuss.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Before you get all upset over Battlefield, there are a few good tricks to exploit here.

1. The gaps between the upper platforms are big enough to get thunderbolt to the ground. A great and unexpected tactic.

2. Pikachu can be a very good camper. The platforms allow him to get out of the way of horizontal projectiles, in which case the battle becomes timing.

3. If the opponent has no projectiles, camp the ground. use dsmash when they become impacient.

4. The platforms above prevent reflected thunders from hitting you.

All things considered, any melee pikamain will have no new problems on this stage, as long as the stay away from the new tricks for this battle.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
Before you get all upset over Battlefield, there are a few good tricks to exploit here.

1. The gaps between the upper platforms are big enough to get thunderbolt to the ground. A great and unexpected tactic.

2. Pikachu can be a very good camper. The platforms allow him to get out of the way of horizontal projectiles, in which case the battle becomes timing.

3. If the opponent has no projectiles, camp the ground. use dsmash when they become impacient.

4. The platforms above prevent reflected thunders from hitting you.

All things considered, any melee pikamain will have no new problems on this stage, as long as the stay away from the new tricks for this battle.
1. is fine, and actually quite cool, but it basically means your thunderwall only works in 2 very, very exact places on the battlefield... not great.

2. full hopping allows pikachu to get out of the way of horizontal projectiles while still being safe and able to spam back, making it the ideal camper setting. Platforms make it so that fullhopping is no longer a safe spamming option on 2/3s of the already small stage.

3. dsmash to camp the ground??? uhh... ? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume I don't understand what you mean. Please clarify, but pikachu, especially against people with higher priority, needs to have space to maneuver, and battlefield cramps that space.

4. platforms protect you from reflected thunders? short hopping protects you from reflected thunders already.

I don't think pikachu plays like its melee counterpart anymore, and even if you did, you'd still have a hard time with pika's more challenging matchups. In melee, pika has spacing, juggling, and l-cancelling potential when dealing with platforms; in brawl, not so much, so you can't play them the same way. Also, I think the new tricks of brawl are crucial to pikachu's advantages against certain difficult matchups in brawl.

Although I will say there are platform tricks to be done, I don't think the ones here help much for pikachu. I still think that BATTLEFIELD sucks for pikachu because of - 1) the lack of maneuverability with full hopping and 2) the lack of safety for thunderjolt spamming.

Anyways, someone try out circle dashing and tell me how it goes!

gallax

Smash Hero
i never had any problem on this stage really. i love final diestination but battlefield doesn't pose that many problems. the QAC is an escellent manuever from platform to platform. the opponent will have a tough time catching up and getting underneath u. this level is great againt the laylat trio and MK. but its harder for defeating snake and marth.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
Wow I had no idea ... I was wondering why Falcos **** me so hard on this stage...

Top Bottom