• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where can I find melee cheap

KiRbY.KiiLLeR

Smash Rookie
NNID
fatturnip779
Hey guys I'm new to the forums but I've been playing smash sense I was a little kid. I at smash 4 a ton and I was thinking about getting back into melee but this time more competitively. The problem is I've lost my disc, anyone know where I can find one cheap? Like 30-45$

D

Deleted member

ebay would be your main man or used off amazon, you could also try craigs list or gumtree (not sure if gumtree is just a british thing tho)

SadFlyersFan

Smash Rookie
NNID
SadFlyersFan
Best bet is to go to any goodwill or retro game style stores, and if you can't find it, ebay and amazon are always safe bets

Walbytamer11

Smash Apprentice
My pal found a Gamecube with Melee, Metroid Prime and a few other high quality games for 10 bucks at a yard sale. Everyone else I know modded their wii (Which may seem complicated to some but there are a bunch of guides). If you're looking online you'd be lucky to get it like under $50 or $60 used. Go through some people who aren't actually looking to sell Melee. Relatives and kids at your school (let's face it, EVERYONE used to play Smash) are good options as well.

Best of luck, I know it can be difficult :p

Moogles

Smash Rookie
Often checking your local pawn shops is a good idea too

I bought a copy of melee (with the cover art and pamphlet inside) for $25 at mine

Last edited:

Noodles n' stuff

Smash Rookie
Ask friends and people that you think might have a copy. There are some people who have no idea what melee is worth and might be willing to sell it to you for like 10. Same idea for swap meets, they might have it there.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
If purity doesn't matter the Dolphin emulator + MayFlash adapter combo just costs around 20-25.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So would I have to play on my computer or can I get it like for my wii? Sorry I'm not really too familiar with emulators, although I know what they are.
If you get a Dolphin + a Mayflash adapter (anything but the 4-ports have lag) would mean you would play it on your PC. If you put Melee on a flashdrive and got something like Nintendont with a Melee ISO, you could do something called USB loading (allowing you to play it on your Wii) and you wouldn't need a Mayflash adapter. The only possible problem is if you don't want to hack your Wii; then you wouldn't want to do USB loading.

Top Bottom