• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where can I find CRTs for a cheap price?

J-sho

Smash Rookie
I'm very lucky to have an HD TV with very little lag, but I still feel a slight difference playing on CRTs.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Places like thrift stores, Goodwill (a place where people can donate anything), craigslist.com, and even people you know usually have a random CRT, just ask around.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Places like thrift stores, Goodwill (a place where people can donate anything), craigslist.com, and even people you know usually have a random CRT, just ask around.
Also depending on your County/City the dump might have a stockpile of them just sitting.

Kadano

Magical Express
I once (4 years ago, I think) posted a note near the entrance door of my apartment building where I asked for unused CRT TVs. The next day, a friendly old lady knocked on my door and told me I could have her Sony Trinitron TV. She didn’t use it anymore but wasn’t physically strong enough to get rid of it, so it was just lying around. I picked it up and it still works fine, it has a very nice picture.

Just ask people near you. There are so many CRT TVs that aren’t used any more, I’m sure you can get some for free.

JoeTango

It Takes Two
I find CRTs for free on craigslist as long as you can haul them. Nicer ones are like 10$ though. I guess this depends on if you live in a large city or not

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Craigslist, Garage sales, and thrift shops.
Though once a CRT is busted there's like no chance of fixing it so don't even try. And probably not worth it since it's not like they're expensive. Right now I'm on a journey to find a really small one. My room is getting cramped and I can only fit so much yah know, just want a small one on my desk for retro games and Smash.

Top Bottom