• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where are the Melee Pro Links at?

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I saw one of my favorite Melee Link players on JCaesar's youtube or what not. His name SS4Ricky. He is so sick I was so happy to see him back. So I was wondering where is Germ? Where is Trevyn? Where are the insanely good Melee Link pros at. Will they be coming to Project M soon or what? Where you at Germ?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
A number of Melee Links still stubbornly believe Melee Link is "good" and are still trying to win with him in tournament.
Truth be told, I think they'd be much more useful advancing PM Link's metagame, the variation of Link that clearly has MUCH more potential in the competitive scene.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
A number of Melee Links still stubbornly believe Melee Link is "good" and are still trying to win with him in tournament.
Truth be told, I think they'd be much more useful advancing PM Link's metagame, the variation of Link that clearly has MUCH more potential in the competitive scene.
Yes, but which game currently has more potential in the competitive scene... Not that I don't agree with you about the melee pros.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
well if you look at the germs link he's been using Falco as a second character Main because link can't do it on his own. And I don't blame him he's been winning the lately. I use marth as secondary
For those crazy mu in melee and pm.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Yes, but which game currently has more potential in the competitive scene... Not that I don't agree with you about the melee pros.
Maybe not ATM, but PM has the potential to be just as successful as Melee competitively, perhaps surpass it with the dwindling availability of Melee disks.
The game isn't even finished and look how much interest its drawing.

well if you look at the germs link he's been using Falco as a second character Main because link can't do it on his own. And I don't blame him he's been winning the lately. I use marth as secondary
For those crazy mu in melee and pm.
I did main Link for a long time in Melee, but I got fed up with his horrendous match-ups and switched to Marth.
Did that for a little while, played Brawl for a year before deciding its too gay, then played him for another year before getting fed up with him.
My main incentive for getting into PM is that Link got buffed up, and has the potential to make it on his own.
Unfortunately most of the Melee players in my community main top/high tiers, and are perfectly content to play the exact same match-ups over and over again...
>_>

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I prefer project M over melee as of now. Very few people I know use samus, ice climbers, and yoshi, and since fox and falco are the same as they are in melee, there is no reason not to play project M. I got into project M because link could go up against the top tiers because of his buffs. If anything could be changed, maybe his wavedash could be a little better.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I saw one of my favorite Melee Link players on JCaesar's youtube or what not. His name SS4Ricky. He is so sick I was so happy to see him back. So I was wondering where is Germ? Where is Trevyn? Where are the insanely good Melee Link pros at. Will they be coming to Project M soon or what? Where you at Germ?
I myself mained link in melee. Germ quit. And so did Trevyn. They got fed up with not getting to the finals with link. Ohhh and just so u know... germ was not the best link player by any means, I would spank him if I ever got a chance. I like melee link better because his short hop fair was stronger and less floaty. Plus I like how he was heavier, so he fast falled quicker. The boms were better cause u can bomb hop back on. Now its almost impossible. I switched to ganon in PM. Either way link foesnt get a whole lot of credit like the other cast of the game. Link is considered mid-tier in melee. But id show u other-wise. gox and falco are simple to me because of how bouncy they are.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Umm neither. I speak the truth. I cant believe people think germ was one of the best link players. He was decent. Not sure how I could of trolled. Maybe u guys need to watch more videos. Or gee idk actually do your homework on whos good. Fox snd falco are quick... but they easily get combod on. Its a fact. But go ahead and keep thinking idk what im talkin about. Haha the germ good? Dont nake me laugh

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Germ was pretty good, I don't think he was anything special though.
I was talking about Fox and Falco. They destroy Link, especially Fox...

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
It can go either way. They both have advantages and disadvantages in this match up. You just need to play it smart

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Until they learn that Link cannot grab anybody out of the air, so they spend the entire game pressuring you to shield, then they just pressure your shield in a way that you can't OOS nair.
Then Fox eventually hits you and shines you off-stage, and then jumps into your up-b and shines you to death, or Falco combos you because you're Link and then eventually hits you with the last active frame of his dair off-stage and it kills you because NTSC.

Top Bottom