• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where are all the lucario guides?

Smash_Ronin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2277-7158-4313
hey all,

So after many many sleepless nights sitting up, playing each character to get a feel for it (usually coupled with reading guides written for each character), and inevitably pissing off my roommate I've finally decided to main lucario. I love the feel of his controls, I'm becoming more and more comfortable with his beautiful chains, but I can't find a single guide for him. I've found plenty of opinionated "combo lists" put together by people who are seemingly just gloating about themselves, but not one whole-hearty guide to pm's lucario. Please someone help me out! This character is so incredible and the lucario community seems to hold so much pride and enjoyment out of there little fury main, surely there must be ONE who has written up a decent guide.

Akkien

Smash Cadet
There are a few reasons there's no guide..
1. Lucario has a hell a lot of stuff to put into one guide, if you get into all the details of his play it'd be way to long and way too much work.

2. Everyone plays lucario differently and has their own unique approaches and follow-ups, making it hard to agree upon which approaches and follows are good or standard.

3. The lucario community are a bunch of lazy and shady people who want to keep their super secret techs to themselves so we can keep lucario unique ;)
Sadly, there's no extensive guide at the moment. I believe Risky was doing one but a lot of time has passed since we last heard of that so I don't know. There are, however, various threads and links that could help you get started:

A very basic Lucario guide on reddit
DG's Lucario Specific Tech Skill Brief
DG's Guide to Lucario Shield Pressure
How to do the AMSA Jump!
Lucario's Frame Data 3.5 (wip)

And I think that's pretty much it. I'd suggest you join the skype group since they discuss a lot of details and random bits and pieces of info that are very useful, but having a guide for Lucario isn't really an urgence; he is a versatile character; you can just play with him and learn what things work and what doesn't in just weeks, and there would still be a ton to learn and apply to your game. Also, don't forget to check out the general PM tech threads and such, and mostly have fun exploring all you can do with him.

Top Bottom