• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When Will Other Characters Be Added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dohn

Smash Rookie
I recently downloaded Project M and loved what I got. My only disappointment is that two of my favorite characters, Yoshi and Kirby, are not present. Are they being worked on? When can I expect to see them in the game?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
PMBR will announce to us when they're ready to start talking about the next major updates to Project M, including the last 6 characters. Remember that 2.5b was only released just over 3 months ago, and it wasn't as big of a jump as 1.0 to 2.0/2.1 was. Give it some time, and just enjoy what you have right now.

Dohn

Smash Rookie
PMBR will announce to us when they're ready to start talking about the next major updates to Project M, including the last 6 characters. Remember that 2.5b was only released just over 3 months ago, and it wasn't as big of a jump as 1.0 to 2.0/2.1 was. Give it some time, and just enjoy what you have right now.
Alright. Believe me, I am enjoying the work that has been done on this. It's not a straight up clone of Melee, but more of melding elements from each Smash Bros. game. Can't wait to see what they have in store for Yoshi and Kirby.

I was merely curious about where the characters were and when we would be getting them.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
We all are. Everyone was banking on MK and Samus instead of ZSS and Diddy. I know how it feels to not have that one character you were so looking forward to. As a Samus main, it pained me extremely to see ZSS get the spotlight while leaving her armor in the dust. I'm still a bit frustrated even to this day. But now I know they're going to spend even more time making her even better.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
I think Project M is such a great game because they have no deadline or expected dates, giving them as much time as they need to finish what they need to finish. The final 6 characters will come out when they are ready. The only character we got much information on was the Ice Climbers, because Nana was apparently causing a large problem when transferred over.

I'm waiting for Olimar to make his return. There is a lot of potential for changes to his structure (removing random pikmin pulls, the pikmin count in general, etc.), but I would be fine if he stayed the same. He isn't all that bad in brawl and the new tether physics and such might do him some good.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We'll announce something when we're ready. I like your enthusiasm though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom