• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to use Falcon's wavedash

Myst0

Smash Cadet
I've found it most useful in neutral games vs spacies. for example they are pressuring my shield and I roll away and he comes to catch my roll with a nair or another shine or something but before he can re pressure me I wavedash out and grab/stomp counter. wavedashing just that little much can throw spacies spacing off so much and its super useful for setting up counters and getting that setup going to try to take their stock.

for floaties i'm not really sure I just body all floaties I've come across and only use wavedash for wavelands and style like Weis said just style and taunt during stocks.

hope this helps!

PenTheNinja

Smash Cadet
I've found it most useful in neutral games vs spacies. for example they are pressuring my shield and I roll away and he comes to catch my roll with a nair or another shine or something but before he can re pressure me I wavedash out and grab/stomp counter. wavedashing just that little much can throw spacies spacing off so much and its super useful for setting up counters and getting that setup going to try to take their stock.

for floaties i'm not really sure I just body all floaties I've come across and only use wavedash for wavelands and style like Weis said just style and taunt during stocks.

hope this helps!
oh yeah totally

MacDeezi

Smash Rookie
Also use it to extend your dash dancing. Opponents will try to throw out a move at the end of your dash dance, so wavedash away then dash back in to punish.

Myst0

Smash Cadet
^^^^^^ very true I forgot to mention that

extending your dash with a wavedash is super mega important and also the dash into wavedash back its somewhat important and it looks pretty cool too.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
I sometimes wavedash back vs a spacie approach and do a crouch cancel grab/shield grab option select against a predicted nair. I just hold down during the wavedash and hold down shield, then press grab after they touch me

superiorLZ

Smash Rookie
One thing I do that's pretty useful is dashing towards your opponent and wavedashing backwards in order to bait out an attack. It usually results in a free grab or whatever you like. If you're playing against a marth or roy, keep some amount of distance while doing this. The range on those swords are stupid.

Top Bottom