• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to toss or charge needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ping Warrior

Smash Cadet
NNID
Daspammerguy
3DS FC
2793-1351-4493
So, I've been messing around with FH Needles (a lot easier with a GCC than a Gamepad. Just getting my adapter back made it a lot easier to pull off), and I'm starting to struggle with timing mid match when I want to charge needles so I can combo with them, or when to just throw them at my opponent for conditioning/camping. I'm also finding that since a lot of players in my scene prefer to shield needles while running than to evade them, I can set up grabs by conditioning them to shield, but in doing so, I can't follow up with needle combos since I don't have them charged. So in short, what are y'all's thoughts on when to charge needles for followups and when to throw them to win neutral?

P.S: Sorry if this should be in the Q&A Thread, but I thought this could use multiple perspectives

D

Deleted member

:4sheik:'s needles are really good in neutral to make opponents approach you, they are fast, throwing out a couple in succession will pressure them into doing a option and hopefully mistake so you can grab them into a chain/kill set ups.

I don't see why there's a problem with having them charged, they charge up pretty quickly, and she can easily do it with her great neutral game, just take some time between the neutral to charge up when the opponent is too far off and you can't shoot them.

As in kill confirms from needles, I can't really say, I'm not very experienced with :4sheik:, my mains being :4diddy:/:4villager:, but I've practiced enough with her to point out a couple of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom