• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to Nosferatu? When to Arcfire?

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
So I'm just starting robin and really liking the Tactician, but the problem lies with me not knowing when to apply Arcfire and Nosferatu and getting punished for whiffs.

Help? Thoughts?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
For a beginner, it's good to start by using Arcfire while jumping backwards. This creates distance between you and your opponent and is therefore difficult to punish.

It's good to look for opportunities to use Arcfire when your opponent has a moment of downtime (any time they can't pressure or attack you) but you're too far away to attack them with the sword.

Using Nosferatu is difficult. I suggest checking this guide for ideas. Basically you'll want to use it when you see them shield. You want to use your Nosferatu when you predict their shield reaction. It's a bit tricky to get used to.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Oh I think I get it.
Thanks! :)

elegyempty

Smash Rookie
if you catch opponents shield-grabbing your aerial approaches (lol approaching as robin) then short-hop into Nosferatu. It'll scare them silly, especially if they don't wiggle out of it.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
yea when i see them trying to block aerials alot i use Nosferatu. its usefull because robin is one of the few people who can air grab.

Top Bottom