• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When should i stop training with Ness?

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
Ok i really like Ness. His Air game is AMAZING!!!!! (and his grabs and easy kills are amazing to!) I been fighting level 9 CPU's with Ness and i keep on winning! I keep on thinking i should stop and play For glory but the only thing is......I started playing him today.....

So should i keep on training? or Start playing ness on for glory?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
You should definitely try to get some real opponent experience ASAP. CPUs aren't a good gauge of your skill in any fighting game really, as they don't play like humans do.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
You should definitely try to get some real opponent experience ASAP. CPUs aren't a good gauge of your skill in any fighting game really, as they don't play like humans do.
Just went into for glory match and won! Thank you some much! :D

Noa.

Smash Master
Playing CPUs makes you much much worst. The best way to get Bette is to find your local scene and go to tournaments and Smashfests. Even if you don't think you're ready. The only day you'll be ready enough to do well at a tournament is the day that you've been to enough tournaments to improve.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
Playing CPUs makes you much much worst. The best way to get Bette is to find your local scene and go to tournaments and Smashfests. Even if you don't think you're ready. The only day you'll be ready enough to do well at a tournament is the day that you've been to enough tournaments to improve.
Is going on For glory ok? I been winning a lot and the players i fight, are really skilled.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
For glory is ok. And by ok I mean the bottom of the barrel. Playing local competitive players is almost always better. For glory is better than nothing but is like a step above playing with your friends.

Playing against CPUs makes you worse. You pickup and ingrain habits that are bad to use against oeople.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
For glory is ok. And by ok I mean the bottom of the barrel. Playing local competitive players is almost always better. For glory is better than nothing but is like a step above playing with your friends.

Playing against CPUs makes you worse. You pickup and ingrain habits that are bad to use against oeople.
Ok thanks.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Having online friends to play is a good place to start. Once you get comfortable with them, go ahead and jump into For Glory. For Glory is pretty lame at times, because of lag and boring players who try to time you out, but it provides you the opportunity to go up against different characters in the game and be able to see what they are capable of doing. These options are so much more rewarding to your learning experience than playing CPUs. CPUs have habits that you will eventually learn to punish, whereas an actual opponent can get predictable, but change up their game when their previous play style stops working.

Top Bottom