• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When should I be wavedashing as Ivysaur?

Darkevilprice995

Smash Cadet
Ivysaur's wavedash seems like it would be useful given it's solid distance but I'm not really sure where to put it into my game. Any advice?

Jinchuuriki88

Smash Cadet
^I second that. I did it once in a local tourney, and it felt so satisfying <3.

You can use a wavedash for mindgames. Like we all know that most of Ivys rushdown methods involves jumping. (to me atleast) Sometimes a good player notices this habit of mine and punishes me. So in order to break his focus, I pretend to jump but wavedash instead. Sometimes it gets nerve wrecking for them.

OrrA

Smash Rookie
i find the main use for ivys wavedash is to quickly close space and approach with tilts instead of having to dash cancel them which is a little more obvious. being a little out of range and wavedashing forward -> dtilt is a good neutral option

Lowell

Smash Rookie
Personally I wavedash mostly when preparing to SH or something like that. Granted I need to wavedash more

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I mean, pretty much any character should use wavedashing, at least for the mindgaming and spacing aspects. You could do some interesting stuff with wavedash-back into Dtilt or FSmash, but I'm theorizing more than anything since I don't have tons of time to play recently

Top Bottom