• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When opponent is on the ledge, down smash, bair stage spike?

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
Well, I've been having trouble trying to pull that off. I always miss the down smash and then the enemy has an easy time recovering. Is there a way to make it hit more often? The way it's supposed to work is you hit them with a down smash, then they get stunned, then you rush in and hit them with back air against the stage and they get stage spiked... or is this completely useless and should I stop even trying to do it?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i've seen it work plenty of times >_>

i just have trouble catching them with a dsmash. really, you just need to work on timing so they don't catch the ledge first. then you just walk off and bair. it's really simple.

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
Lol I know, I've done it a couple of times before and I know it works. I just need a way of hitting them with the down smash more often.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Your opponent will almost always be under invulnerability frames while they're on the edge. The way to do it is watch for slow recoveries or just have amazing timing.

Top Bottom