• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When (if ever) is grab to charge shot guaranteed?

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I'm thinking particularly vs marth, sheik, falco, and fox. In my experience, if marth or sheik DI a dthrow in at like 30-60 or so, you can get a charge shot. Or if they DI a dthrow out at like >70 you can get a charge shot. Falco and fox can be charge shot off an upthrow if they DI fully right or left at higher percents I believe. This is all rough intuition. Does anyone know actual percentages and DI-dependence for grab-charge shot combos?

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I don't know the exact %, but I use it only against fastfallers (low-high % after Uthrow) and Puff (mid-high % after Dthrow).

Smash Journeyman
I should go into 20xx and test this >_> it seems to work on Peach at high% after dthrow, and I feel like it should work on Sheik at mid-high% after dthrow as well (all dthrow -> grounded charge shots here?) Marth seems to be able to jump out, though, but you can maybe read that jump(?)

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
Not that you should let this happen, but I'm pretty sure dthrow->chargeshot is guaranteed on fastfallers when you get them around 170-200%, and/or earlier if you catch them di'ing up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom