• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When I play online, my char jumps randomly

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. I've been trying to play online lately, and my character will randomly short hop on his own. Basically if i put the controller down and sit there looking at the screen without touching anything, my character will short hop after a while and then do it like every 15 seconds or so. It also happens when I'm controlling the character and my guy will randomly jump or do more jumps than i want him to. This is kind of annoying when in the heat of battle and my character randomly jumps without me telling him to, haha.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I'm using the boom psx/n64 converter with a gray n64 controller & Jabo's DirectInput7 1.40 controller plugin.

Also, it's really really choppy, but I assume this is normal.

_kSo_

Smash Master
This has happened to me many times. I would check your control panal for your game controller and see if any of your joystick buttons are being pressed randomly. apparently what had happened is that one of my c-buttons had been messed up and kept being hit without me touching it. So what I did was I went to my controller config and I changed the button thatw as doing that to a different key (on my keyboard) because it was my controller that was messed up

moogle

Smash Ace
1. Check your deadzone (Options -> Configure Controller Plugin). If it's like 0 or 1%, set it a little higher, like 3-5%.

2. Try a different n64 controller.

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
hmm. My deadzone is set to like 25% right now. Is that too high?

and KSO - I'll check into that, thanks for the advice.

_kSo_

Smash Master
hmm. My deadzone is set to like 25% right now. Is that too high?

and KSO - I'll check into that, thanks for the advice.
no problem. i think the only problem i had with mine is that i was trying to customize it and take some parts from other controllers and mix and match. i changed my analog stick kuz it was old and i ordered a new one. hmm maybe i screwed up my c buttons when i was playing doctor with my controllers 0.o

Colten

Smash Cadet
:: How would youy play SSB online? I have it on my computer for project 64 and I have 4 N64 contollers, where would I plug those in? This sounds interesting since I am skilled in SSB. I can beat three lvl 9 com on teams against me and I can beat 1-player mode on Very Hard ::​

SuperSmashFighters

Smash Cadet
we'll when i played with my friend the other day, whenever he pressed B attack i jumped. I have no idea why, i put his B attack as NUM 2 and i put my jump as W so.... that might have something to do with you...

Top Bottom