• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When do you use

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
neutral air in the battle? I noticed i hardly ever use it and if it was probably not planned. So id like to hear your ideas since i use all other aerials and this might get handy too.

Im curious about the down smash to. havent got it to work in attacks very well. the opponent would just either grab me before or escape

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Neutral air is hard to use because back air, up air, and forward air all out-range it. I sometimes ledgehop the attack because forward air reaches too high. But you can always just wait a little longer before you jump. The main reason it isn't used is because it neither combos nor kills.

Dsmash is useful if you can land it. You just have to use the attack you want immediately after using the dsmash. Usually a grab, tilt, B>, or another dsmash. Maybe even B^.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i also noticed it is usefull for ledge but i kinda intentionally fair because im used it from my samus gameplay, anyways yeah i usually drop down a little and follow up with a fair to stage. I kinda found it usefull for a clearing of an enemy "combo". Its pretty quick out and brings your opponent out of concept. Also i found out it could open for an uair if the enemy is damaged a bit 40%ish~. But yeah situational would be the word that describes it best

For the dsmash: I mostly use it, and that worked best for me yet, after predicting of any movement. Mostly after dodges i could land a dsmash and that dsmash forward B worked best for me too. for the up B the opponent is too far away and i would lose too much getting near to hit it (xcept the chubby character ones). On lower and even higher up % that move worked great, the first hit would send the enemy on top of the whip and so on...

Purenchisu

Smash Cadet
use it wen some 1 is off the stage if you time it right you can do it twice and then use ur tether recovery 2 get bak 2 the stage

Doval

Smash Lord
Neutral Air is for opponents that will surely out-prioritize your up-air if you come from below, or your f-air/b-air if you come from the side. Use it while facing away from the opponent. It's pretty hard to stop an aerial that hits you diagonally.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
ZSS' N-air is great if your opponent is coming from behind you and you don't want to risk degrading your B-air.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Actually, the Nair is my favourite of all of her aerials, mainly because the plasma whip is just the coolest thing ever.
Anyhow, the most succesful use of it that ive found is ledgehopping.
Also, if people are expecting you to juggle with U-air, you can instead, juggle with Nair.

-Zangetsu-

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty much exclusively when your opponent is in the air and is close to you, and since the Nair comes out really fast it is great for getting them away from you quickly then try to space out a Foward-B or Bair depending which way they DI.

Top Bottom