• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When Diddy keeps throwing bananas at me..

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Shield.

Diddy players rely a lot of gathering momentum to string nana's/combo's together. Just don't get hit by the nana's (well, you could say that about anything, really) and spam back. Pick up the nana's and glidetoss up when you can, as that annoys Diddy players almost as much as when someone does that to our Gyro.

::edit:: Also, most of your moves out-pwn Diddy's. Your dsmash will hit him first even if he starts his dsmash before you do. Your ftilt has longer range. The disjointedness on your aerials give you rather good cover. Just watch out for his aerials, as they're fast enough to combo you nicely.

Mundogrande

Smash Rookie
What he said.

Dash attacking to grab the nanas is very easy. ROB's glidetoss is also much better than Diddy's so keep that in mind. Use his bananas against him, and pressure him so he has little time to take them out.

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
you can catch the bananas by doing an attack or simply pushing A

once you have the banana in your hand throw it down
because Diddy can only have 2 bananas on the stage at a time if you have both of his bananas and throw them somewhere else (on the stage) he cant do any more banana combos

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Generally when I have banana problems, I'll just keep running away from the bananas and projectile spam the crap out of him. He has no answer for it, he'll stop wasting time with the bananas, and then get pwned.

Top Bottom