• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you get Brawl?

Ben Powell

Smash Rookie
I was just curious. Me and my friend Seth got it on the day it came out, but Seth was in the midnight line at Gamestop.
-The Wii Man, Ben Powell

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Midnight Launch At gamestop got 2nd place in the tourney too..and got it at 12:08

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
Toys' R Us. Around 10:15 AM. Not sure because my brother was the one who picked it up, and I was too lazy to go. >.>

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I got it at March 9th, 11:15 am
March 10th, I unlocked Sonic
March 11th, Complete Roster, Complete Stages

Kotep

Smash Cadet
I was with my friend when he got it midnight on the day of the release.
Then I got it myself the afternoon of that day, after I had a nap. XD

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
I got it at midnight at Gamestop, on March 9th/10th. Nothing like three hours of waiting in the cold to listen to nerds scream at other nerds.

H0lic

Smash Rookie
Monday, March 10th. I didn't feel like waiting hours in a stuffy gamestop to get it early.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
9pm march 8th :D we bribed a game store near us.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
9 AM at...wait for it...SuperStore. I was actually gonna get it at Future Shop but...my friends and I decided we should just get it there because it was closer.

Lukar82394

Smash Rookie
My friend and I both pre-ordered it at GameStop, and we went to the midnight release party... While we were there, we entered in a mini-tourney, and I got to the semi-finals, so I got one of those Galaxy pre-order coins, a Tabula-Rasa t-shirt, and a Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games pin. Fun fun. ^^

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Midnight at the best buy launch. I preordered it elsewhere but I couldn't wait so I just returned the preorder the next day.

OnettSphere

Smash Cadet
I still don't have it cause I still can't find a Wii
Darn You Walmart!!!
But I will have it once I have my Wii
*Pops in Melee*

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
3/9 at Midnight from Gamestop. I was second in line, which I thought was surprising since I got there at 8pm and there was only one guy waiting. Then by 11 the line went back quite a ways and got to be extremely long by the time I got out of the store.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
12:54 AM/ March 9th at GameStop. Yes i looked at a clock the minute they handed it to me.

There were more than 150 people in that line but the shop owners were such @$$holes that they didn't open until 12am. I hadn't seen that much people in front of a video game store around here not even in christmas. So yeah no melee tournaments for me...

SETH3

Smash Rookie
I'm his friend Seth I got it midnight at gamestop and played it for six hours at a college

Top Bottom