• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When 5-Year-Olds Collide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I just need to get out a little anger about the boneheads I have to put up with once in a while in online Smash Bros.:

So often, I'm just playing a nice 4-player match of Smash Bros. online and all of sudden I notice a little something different. That's when I realize that I'm being teamed up on. 2 - 3 of the other players just all of a sudden decide to fight only me and not each other. This happens a lot on the new tourney mode, especially.

Honestly, I'm really freaking tired of it. It takes all the fun out of playing and just annoys me endlessly. I've tried multiple methods for escaping it. I've tried just running away from them, standing still for a while so they don't see me as a threat, attacking like crazy... nothing works!

How the heck do I prevent this?! What do I do?! It's just insanely annoying. Even if nobody has an answer, I just wanted to vent a bit...

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
You're lucky... It sounds like a lot of fun to go against 3 opponents at the same time. I would embrace it.

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
I know your pain man. It's been happening to me a lot as well. I just started playing For Fun again since I'm a little tired of the mess that is For Glory and the few matches I have played have been 3 on 1 matches. It really is not fun and I don't understand what the point of it is. I've even had a few For Glory 4 player matches where it became 3 on 1. Thankfully my main, Lucina, lends herself a little better to a 3 on 1 assault since she has counter and quick movement options. My best advice is to pick up a character that would be better equipped for a 3 on 1 if it happens. Definitely don't be a big character since it would be easier to hit you. I'm sorry that I don't really have an better advice than that.

Last edited:

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Just kick their asses and report them in the results screen. Ganging up on one single player is a bannable offense in online FFA's if I'm not mistaken.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know that you could directly report someone.
I believe you tap their character's face on the results screen and you have the options report and Block under X and Y buttons, dunno wich is wich tho. (oops, forgot to say, on wii u you simply press certain button during the results screen haha)

On the threads subject? I had a 3 person FFA on FG and the dudes were fire mario and fire luigi. They taunted and ganged up on me but I still won because scrubs lmao.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I believe you tap their character's face on the results screen and you have the options report and Block under X and Y buttons, dunno wich is wich tho.

On the threads subject? I had a 3 person FFA on FG and the dudes were fire mario and fire luigi. They taunted and ganged up on me but I still won because scrubs lmao.
Love them scrubs... But, yeah, maybe I'll try that reporting thing out sometime...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If people are ganging up on you, just report them. It is against the rules after all.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Well, Bowser would not lend himself well to dealing with tons of enemies anyway due to his very large hurtbox size. Try a smol character who also has fast options to dispose of them easier, like :4pit:/:4darkpit:'s Smash Attacks and Arms.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Well, Bowser would not lend himself well to dealing with tons of enemies anyway due to his very large hurtbox size. Try a smol character who also has fast options to dispose of them easier, like :4pit:/:4darkpit:'s Smash Attacks and Arms.
Yeah, I use Yoshi and Mario, as well. Although, I do find Bowser's raw power to be pretty useful against a lot of guys, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom