• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your opinion of the Brawl 18 OUTSIDE of Smash? (Part 3)

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
:metaknight:: I used to watch the Kirby anime when I was a lot younger, and I remember liking Meta Knight in that show.
:snake:: Hideo Kojima desperately tries to convince bloodthirsty Americans that a disillusioned killer is kind of a jerk, take one.
:dedede:: I do like how King DDD is never considered the "real" villain of the Kirby games. He's the lovable dolt who Kirby fights because the two get in eachother's way while the monster-of-the-week is the actual source of whatever the problem is. Mind you, the only two games I've actually played are Epic Yarn and Robobot, but still. Sort of like Dr. Eggman in the 3D sonic games, only King DDD has never had to endure the agony of being in the video game equivalent to Tommy Wiseau's The Room.
:wolf:: meh.
:sonic:: He's okay, but his fanbase is too damn loud.
:warioc:: "Is Wario A Libertarian" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,
:diddy:: meh.
:olimar:: tried Pikmin 1 once. Was too stressful for me.
:ike:: Never played Fire Emblem.
:rob:: What is this "gyromite" you speak of?
:toonlink:: I lost interest in Wind Waker at the Wind Temple.
:pt:: meh.
:lucario:: It's an okay poke, but there's plenty of fighting-types and countless steel-types that I like more.
:zerosuitsamus:: I like Iron Man, but if you take him out of the suit, he's deader than the Green Lantern movie at the box office. You take Samus out her Armor, she either goes Solid Snake on you, gets even stronger because smash loves rushdown characters, or she sits in the corner and cries, depending on whether you're playing Zero Mission, Smash or Other M respectively.
:lucas:: I have even less of an opinion about Mother 3 then I do about Earthbound.
:pit:: Jeez, how long has it been since I played Kid Icarus: Uprising? i don't remember.
:ivysaur::charizard::squirtle:: Almost every Generation seems to have one starter that's just... not my cup of tea. Gen 1 is not one of those generations. All 3 Kanto starters bring something to the table.

Edit: I mcfreakin' forgot about King DDD.

Last edited:

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
:metaknight:: He's pretty cool. Wait a sec, wasn't there a Kirby anime?
:snake:: Hideo Kojima desperately tries to convince bloodthirsty Americans that a disillusioned killer is kind of a jerk, take one.
:wolf:: meh.
:sonic:: He's okay, but his fanbase is too damn loud.
:warioc:: "Is Wario A Libertarian" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,
:diddy:: meh.
:olimar:: tried Pikmin 1 once. Was too stressful for me.
:ike:: Never played Fire Emblem.
:rob:: What is this "gyromite" you speak of?
:toonlink:: I lost interest in Wind Waker at the Wind Temple.
:pt:: meh.
:lucario:: It's an okay poke, but there's plenty of fighting-types and countless steel-types that I like more.
:zerosuitsamus:: I like Iron Man, but if you take him out of the suit, he's deader than the Green Lantern movie at the box office. You take Samus out her Armor, she either goes Solid Snake on you, gets even stronger because smash loves rushdown characters, or she sits in the corner and cries, depending on whether you're playing Zero Mission, Smash or Other M respectively.
:lucas:: I have even less of an opinion about Mother 3 then I do about Earthbound.
:pit:: Jeez, how long has it been since I played Kid Icarus: Uprising? i don't remember.
:ivysaur::charizard::squirtle:: Almost every Generation seems to have one starter that's just... not my cup of tea. Gen 1 is not one of those generations. All 3 Kanto starters bring something to the table.
You forgot Dedede.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:metaknight:- Not much to be said here. I encountered him when I was playing The Amazing Mirror. I don't remember much to know whether he was a friend or a foe, but I GUESS he's okay anyway.
:snake:- Never played a Metal Gear Solid game before, but I appreciate how it's more of a stealth game than a FPS one. There's supposedly a lot of lore of the series, which I also appreciate.
:dedede:- Eh. Similar to Meta Knight, I don't really have much to say about him.
:wolf:- When I played Star Fox 64 3D, I remember having a tough time with him. He was always on my tail no matter what evasive maneuver I used. I got really pissed at him, so when I finally took him down, I was joyful. He's a persistent character, I'll tell you that much.
:sonic:- Like many people, I also went through a Sonic OC phase. My OC was a hedgehog named Matrix, and he'd be able to adjust his speed by some buttons on his shoes. But enough of that. I've played some Sonic games before, like Sonic CD, Mania, and Adventure, and I liked them. There's something particularly fun about running around extremely quickly.
:wario:- Although WarioWare games are fun, I'd much rather have more Wario Land games.
:warioc:- The only Wario Land game I played was Wario Land 4 through the 3DS Ambassador program, and I liked it. I don't think I got really far though, but I got a good idea of what the Wario Land series was about.
:diddy:- Like DK, I never really played any Donkey Kong Country games. But I slightly like him more because he hasn't been memed to death yet.
:olimar:- I don't have any experience playing a Pikmin game, but I remember really enjoying the Pikmin game from Nintendo Land. It was probably the one that I played the most. Other than that, I don't think I have the heart to ever play a Pikmin game. I wouldn't want even a single one of them to die under my command. The songs like Ai no Uta and Namida Ga Afureta don't help at all.
:ike:- Haven't played FE9 or FE10, but I can appreciate his character. Unlike most lords from the series, he's not some prince or anything. The only bit of character I know about him is that his father taught him how to swordfight up until around the time he died, and that's enough for me.
:rob:- Absolutely nothing to say here, really. Nothing at all.
:toonlink:- Although this Toon Link is based off the Wind Waker reincarnation, his Minish Cap reincarnation, which is the only reincarnation I have any experience with, is enough for me to say that I like him, moreso than his regular reincarnation.
:pt:- I've always liked the protagonists from the main series. I felt that they were their own character instead of being someone the player could project themselves on to. So that whole "Gold/Ethan didn't beat Red, YOU did" thing? Complete and total malarkey. Although I prefer a lot more other Pokemon protagonists like Gold/Ethan, Nate, Hilbert, Hilda, and Lucas over Red, he's pretty cool for being the only silent protagonist in the series.
:lucario:- Lucario is probably one of my favorite Pokemon. After my obsession with Yoshi ended, Lucario was my new favorite character of all time. I would try to use him whenever I could, whether it was the main series, the Pokemon Ranger side series, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, or whatever. But even though Robin took his spot as #1 in my heart, he's probably my favorite Pokemon to date.
:zerosuitsamus:- I hadn't played Zero Mission, so like many other people, I saw Zero Suit Samus as eye candy. There's not much to say here. I think the only time she was playable outside of her suit was in Zero Mission, and all she ever did was run and temporarily stun enemies. I think she might've been playable in Other M too, but we don't talk about that game.
:lucas:- Mother 3 is probably one of my favorite RPG games of all time. And I actually finished it, unlike I did with Earthbound. In my opinion, I felt that every new installment of the franchise improved upon the last. Mother 3 was better than Mother 2/Earthbound, and that was better than Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings, which I got through even less than I did with Earthbound. Between Lucas, Ness, and Ninten, Ninten would come in dead last and Lucas and Ness would probably be tied for 1st for best MOTHER protagonist.
:pit:- Like what I said about Palutena and Dark Pit in my previous post also applies to Pit; I haven't really played any Kid Icarus games, so I don't have much to say, but their character is alright, I guess.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I think Brawl ranks as the Smash with the best new cast of characters by far, many needed players joined, and overall it met fan demand really well focusing more on icons than flavor of the month characters. Now I personally have to look at the roster from the perspective of today, as I didn’t know any Nintendo characters when I had the game, but as a Nintendo fan now, the roster is excellent.

:ultmetaknight: I love this Kirby character, he’s basically an irreplaceable member of the franchise and brings a more edgy look into the Kirby franchise. He’s my favorite character by far as his role in Smash encouraged me to play Kirby in the first place.
:ultkingdedede: The lovable goof. I may not love him as much as Metaknight, but Dedede is an icon that deserved his role. He is overall a funny character and was known as one of Nintendo’s great villains, before he basically became a hero. Great character overall.
:ultlucas:Never played Mother 3, but the fan base seems to love it. Lucas has become a huge icon even at the time, and basically felt like a classic character despite his modern appearance, so he gets my respect.
:ultdiddy: Can you really hate Diddy? Yet another classic icon, this time from the DK series, he was a great addition and I hope to see more DK in the future, but he was sufficient for the time.
:ultlucario: A modern icon. Gen 4 was a great generation that introduced many of my favorite Pokémon, so I’m glad Lucario stands as a rep for a generation that seems under appreciated. Lucario himself is really cool as well, he was like the Mewtwo for 2000s kids, and I always thought he was better and had a better design.
:ultpokemontrainer: Cool concept, but really does add to the gen 1 over exposure. The three Pokémon were cool, but I guess my biggest gripe is the fact that it’s just more gen 1 Pokémon when there is an abundance in Smash. To go over individual characters though, Charizard was never really that great to me, Squirtle was amazing and my favorite, and Ivysaur existed because honestly did anyone care.
:ulttoonlink: Love him, he’s my favorite Link, and adds so much personality. The Zelda series basically broke off into two separate styles with regular and Toon, so Toon Link was a great representative for the new Toon direction Zelda would move towards on DS.
:ultsnake: He was weird, but that’s okay. I was okay with Snake leaving in 4, but going back, I really miss him. Snake was so out of the ordinary that he just felt like he belonged and he was a great 3rd party, representing M-Rated titles which was a category not yet explored in Smash, along with Metal Gear’s emphasis on story, as Smash didn’t have characters that came from cinematic and story heavy franchises. For all his weirdness, Snake truly deserved a position and I’m glad he’s back now.
:ultzss: She kind of feels cheap, but she fits and works. In a way Zero Suit feels like a lazy excuse to pad out Metroid’s character roster, because apparently Ridley couldn’t work. In a way she feels lazy, but I do see the significance. This makes Samus human to the audience as she’s no longer in a shell, and has become a clear part of the Samus duality between killer and human. It was also nice that she wasn’t that sexual in Brawl and now Ultimate, I don’t know, those weird fetish art usually portrayed in Smash screenshot compilation usually ruin her for me. Smash 4 seemed to up this aspect of her while Brawl and Ultimate seemed more tame.
:ultpit: He’s cool. Always nice to see retro characters return, and the fact that they gave him a redesign was also cool. He really wasn’t that great until Uprising though, so he’s low in coolness when it comes to Brawl as that was before his revival game.
:ultrob: The better Retro pick. I love R.O.B.’s design and I think he’s very important as he put NES’s on shelves. He’s also my favorite MKDS character, so no hate with this pick.
:ultwario: The crazy Mario character that really deserved a spot. I highly enjoy Wario as a character, so seeing him in Smash is great. The only downside was his lack of actual references, Wario more represents his series Wario Ware than Wario himself, lacking any references and instead relying on the quick movements of his franchise.
:ultwolf: A cool villain and my favorite Star Fox character that is in Smash. He definitely earned his position, and I was sad he didn’t return in 4, even as DLC. Glad to see he’s back though, and they gave him a better design so he doesn’t look as weird.
:ultike:Ike is cool. He’s already proven to be the best FE male according to Heroes’ pulls, so I’m glad he was included. Ike is quite the power house and a fun character in FE.
:ultsonic: Best 3rd party pick. The personality is vibrant and really works well in Smash. Sonic also has quite the history with Nintendo being a rival turned friend, so he definitely deserved his spot, more than any other 3rd party to ever be included. Does anyone real,y hate this addition?

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
:ultmetaknight: 9/10 He's cool and I love playing the Metaknight's Revenge on SNES
:ultkingdedede:9/10 I really like this oaf. He's quite the character and the hammer to match!
:ultlucas: 6/10 He's decent
:ultdiddy:9/10 I like this chimp and his little jetpack in the return games
:ultlucario: 7.5/10 Being a pokemon fan I do like his design
:ultpokemontrainer: 9/10 I really like him! (:4charizard:9/10 Overrated? Yes but I love him! :ivysaur:9/10 Really neat and I like that it's the first quadraped in smash :squirtle: 9/10 So cute~ x3)
:ulttoonlink: 6/10 He's decent
:ultsnake: 6/10 He's alright
:ultzss: 6/10 She alright
:ultpit:0/10 Haven't heard of him before brawl
:ultrob: 0/10 Haven't seen him before brawl
:ultwario: 8/10 He's wacky and the opposite of Mario I like him
:ultike: 0/10 I haven't played Fire Emblem
:ultwolf: 8/10 He's cool and is a nice rival for Fox
:ultsonic: 8/10 Fast and has an attitude I like him

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
:ultwario: 9.5/10 - Fantastic character! I love Wario he's a fat narcisstic greedy slob who enjoys being rotten. I love that he eats garlic by the clove, is a videogame developer/business CEO but even when he makes tons of money doing that he still isn't content enough so he goes on adventures to steal treasure. One of Nintendo's best characters IMO.

Bonus: Favorite Wario game is a tie between Warioware: Smooth Moves and Wario Land Shake It.

:ultdiddy: 8/10 - I love Diddy Kong. He isn't my favorite Kong of the crew but he's pretty cool I guess. He also is the only Kong besides DK to consistently appear outside of DK games. Not to mention he's the only DK character to get his own game in Diddy Kong Racing (a fantastic game by the ways with an amazing soundtrack by David Wise).

:ultmetaknight: 8/10 - Really great rival to Kirby. He's an Honorable swordsman and respects Kirby for what he does but thinks he could do better. I like him.

:ultkingdedede: 9/10 - I really love King Dedede. He's a greedy, fat, pankster penguin. He thinks he's the best in all of Dreamland and wants to be better than Kirby. He also likes to eat and steal all of dreamlands food because he's self-proclaimed royalty and thinks he can get away with it because of it. He has an amazing theme as well. My favorite probably has to be the Swole theme from Star Allies.

:ultwolf: 9/10 - Wolf O'Donnel is a great Star Fox anti-hero. Sometimes he works for Andross (gotta pay the rent you know) but he also respects Fox to a degree and he only does what he does to survive. If the threat is big enough he won't hesitate to team up with Star Fox to get the job done. Great character with an amazing theme.

:ulttoonlink: 7/10 - While it's another Link a pretty generic and boring character at least this version of him we see him being a big brother as well as someone who looks out for his family but at the same time doesn't like being thrown into the situations he gets thrown into (due to his facial expressions in Wind Waker) but will still get the job done regardless to protect his friends/family. While Wind Waker definitely isn't my favorite Zelda, this version of Link might be my favorite character/personality wise.

:ultrob: 1/10 - Not even a videogame character, he's a videogame accessory and one that barely works at that. Not to mention the games that used R.O.B. aren't even fun/good games to begin with. Yes I know he was Brawl's "joke" character but meh!

:ultsonic: 8/10 - I love Sonic. Yes a lot of his recent games have been either terrible (06, Shadow, Secret Rings, Black Knight, Lost World, Forces) or incredibly average (Colors, Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes, Unleashed, Sonic 4 episode 2) the only 2 recent Sonic games that have been really good are Mania and Generations IMO. But the actual character himself I really enjoy his cocky, sarcastic, adventurous attitude. While I'm not a fan of the recent games overly comical cringe writing (Colors, Lost World, Forces). I prefer the Sonic of the Adventure/Heroes days where he could have his humorous moments but he did take the situation seriously at times. I have bought every home console Sonic game for better or worse and probably will continue to do so due to my nostalgic attachment to the franchise.

:ultsnake: 3/10 - Meh don't care never played a Metal Gear game, never will but I will give Snake credit for being the first character to be revealed for Smash that I was like "He doesn't fit at all and I wish he wasn't here"

:ultlucas: 6/10 - Never played Mother 3 (because it never came to the US) so can't really comment but his appearance on the roster doesn't bother me. I like his character design.

:ultlucario: 6/10 - Not a big Pokemon fan to me he was that gen's obligatory Pokemon rep. Nothing against him I just have very little interest in Pokemon outside of the spin-off titles.

:ultolimar: 8/10 - A character according to Smashboards doesn't think needs to be in the roster and I say shame on you! Olimar is the star of the Pikmin franchise. A series that has 3 main games, 2 ports, and a spin-off under it's belt. A series where each main game has sold over a million copies. While Pikmin isn't the biggest or most recognizable Nintendo series around it's still big enough to justify a character on the roster. Hell I don't even like the series THAT much but I do love the world, characters, music, atmosphere of the series I love everything about it except the gameplay. lol

:ultpokemontrainer: 7/10 - Once again not a Pokemon fan but I love the concept of the character. He's perfectly fine on the roster in my book. Not much of an opinion on him outside of Smash but he's cool.

:ultpit: 7/10 - He's okay I guess. Before Uprising I didn't care for Pit nor did I play the original Kid Icarus or Myths and Monsters before he got added to Brawl so I didn't know who he was. I eventually played the original Kid Icarus on the Wii VC after Brawl came out and I thought the game was boring and hard. Wasn't until Uprising where I felt they gave the character a personality and even then I still didn't click with him that much. I think he deserves to be on the Smash roster but eh.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
:ultmetaknight:- Havent play any Kirby game other than Kirby 64 which he didnt appear in.
:ultpit:- I have not played any Kid Icarus game but I found his voice to be a bit annoying in Brawl
:ultzss:- no opinion
:ultwario:- no opinion
:ultsnake:- Metal Gear Solid 1 is one of my favorite games of all time. Solid Snake is just a amazing character and I wish he could have starred in more Metal Gear Solid games. I didnt care for Big Boss and his story. One day, I hoped Konami and Kojima would settle their differences and do a remake of Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
:ultike:-My favorite Nintendo character. Wish the narratives and conversations in Awakening and Fates could be as good as Path of Radiance
:ultpokemontrainer:- I like Red in the Pokemon Manga. The pokemon battles in the manga are much more enjoyable than the anime. In Smash Bros, I wish i could just use Squirtle and not the other Pokemon.
:ultdiddy:- My favorite donkey kong chracter when I was a kid
:ultlucas:- This kid went through went through alot.
:ultsonic:- I like him more if he didnt speak.
:ultkingdedede:- Like I said before, Kirby 64 was the only Kirby game I played so I thought he was Kirby's friend because they were allies in that game. When I played
Brawl, I was surprised he was actually Kirby's recurring nemesis.
:ultolimar:- I played Pikmin 1 for like 30 minutes. It didnt really clicked with me
:ultlucario:- cool design other than that I have no opinion
:ultrob:- Only seen him in Star Fox 64, when he was sending Fox supplies.
:ulttoonlink:- no opinion
:ultwolf:- as a character, i dont have a opinion of him but I do enjoy the battles he had against Fox in Star Fox 64.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
:ultsonic: 8/10 - I love Sonic. Yes a lot of his recent games have been either terrible (06, Shadow, Secret Rings, Black Knight, Lost World, Forces) or incredibly average (Colors, Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes, Unleashed, Sonic 4 episode 2) the only 2 recent Sonic games that have been really good are Mania and Generations IMO. But the actual character himself I really enjoy his cocky, sarcastic, adventurous attitude. While I'm not a fan of the recent games overly comical cringe writing (Colors, Lost World, Forces). I prefer the Sonic of the Adventure/Heroes days where he could have his humorous moments but he did take the situation seriously at times. I have bought every home console Sonic game for better or worse and probably will continue to do so due to my nostalgic attachment to the franchise.
Why you gotta diss on Lost World m8? JK, I love Lost World but I fully agree with you that Sonic's Adventure/Heroes personality is far better than the crap we have now. His personality in Forces made me want to jump out a window.

Anyway...

:ultmetaknight:
HATE this guy in Smash, he bodies me like you wouldn’t believe…but within Kirby, he’s cool. I find he sees Kirby as an equal, even if Kirby doesn’t go around carrying a sword all the time (with the exception of his final smash…yuck). And that’s pretty charming. Plus I can’t be the only one who finds his voice…well, kind of awesome.

:ultpit:
I dig this guy! He’s a hilarious little dork and he’s a blast to watch as he shoots up tons of floating eyeballs while hungering for ‘floor ice cream’. KI:U is one of my favorite 3DS games. Pitty Pat’s not my favorite character from that game (I feel I’ve made my favorite obvious by now with all my ranting about how she's still not in Smash yet), but he’s definitely in the top five.

:ultzss:
She’s just Samus again, so go to the first thread for the scoop.

:ultwario:
I’m an immature idiot who laughs at fart jokes (I grew up with Total Drama and the Air Buddies movies after all), so of course I love Wario. He’s fat, disgusting, lazy and smells worse than me, but he acts that way while being a pure joy to watch and play as. Also, unlike Bowser, he’s almost always working to defeat Mario no matter what rather than bending down and kissing his feet when the Mario version of the Joker shows up.

:ultsnake:
The weird thing is, I was a Sony kid but I never had much exposure to Snake. My mom loves him, though, and through research, Snake winds up a bizarrely likable character despite all the cigarettes he smokes. He’s grizzled and serious, but is also a fairly nice guy when you get to know him. That’s something I find charming.

:ultike:
Ike is hot. Would love to play his games, just like I’d like to play Fire Emblem in general, but they cost the same as a private school education. Still though, I’ve seen a pretty healthy amount of Tellius footage, and I like what I’ve seen of the guy. Also that one girl simping for Makalov (the laziest lazy to ever lazy) cracked me up.

:ultsquirtle:
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Y. My starter was Fennekin, and I also had a Fletchling, so to avoid having a team that’d be screwed by my rival’s Froakie I picked Squirtle for my Kanto starter. Needless to say I have a few good memories with this little water turtle. I named him ‘Gamera’, because I was on a Kaiju kick at the time, and that little turtle kicked a lot of arse on my trip through Kalos. I like this turtle boi.

:ultivysaur:
Man, this Pokemon sure does exist, doesn’t it? Seriously in terms of mid-stage starters, I prefer Wartortle, Quilava, Brionne, and our lord and savior Dewott.

:ultcharizard:
For a while, Charizard was my favorite of the three of the Trainer’s mons, but after Y, Squirtle kinda took that place. I still respect Charizard a lot though – he’s one of the most legendary Pokemon of all time (no pun intended) for a good reason – and I feel bad for him falling so hard in the Pokemon consciousness with the advent of Stealth Rock.

:ultdiddy:
Tier lists and banana peels aside, I think Diddy is pretty cool. His design is simultaneously cool and adorable while his personality in the DK games is super charming. I also feel bad for him in the cartoon.

:ultlucas:
As you’d expect, I don’t have much to say on Lucas because Nintendo refuses to port him over to English-speaking countries. From what I’ve seen of him, though, he’s pretty cool…just not as cool as Ness. I dunno, just doesn’t give me as good a vibe. Sorry. Though in the AI matches I frequently watch, he seems to have this rivalry going on with Dedede and it's hilarious.

:ultsonic:
Oh, boy…so it comes to this. Don’t get me wrong, I adore the Sonic series. It’s my favorite video game franchise, has given me three comfort characters who are all very important to me, and Sonic Lost World is one of my favorite games ever made. Sonic himself, though…I think I can best describe my feelings towards him with this:
Griffith > Movie > Classic > Drummond >>>>> Smith
I adore Griffith Sonic, he’s cocky yet very likable, and games like 06, Secret Rings and Black Knight show him at some of his best, being snarky yet incredibly kindhearted when Eggman’s not doing Eggman things. The movie was a great take on common video game movie tropes, and Sonic feels a lot more like a genuinely three-dimensional character than he has for a decade. Classic is an adorable little cinnamon bun who I will protect with my life. Drummond’s pretty cool, despite not having as much personality as Griffith Sonic. But Smith Sonic…oh boy, I DESPISE this guy. He’s okay in Colors, but in Generations he acts plain awful towards Amy, who worked her ass off alongside Tails to give him a surprise party (The Green Scorpion even pointed this out). Amy is one of my favorite ever characters, mind you, so this has me especially salty. Then throughout Lost World, he acted plain awful towards the Deadly Six, especially to Zeena who he essentially BULLIED just for being girly. Then there was Zor – who is DEPRESSED – who he YELLED AT, BEFORE HE EVEN KNEW HE WAS IN LEAGUE WITH THE SIX!!! Maybe I'm biased as Zeena, Zor and Amy are the three comfort characters I mentioned so I get protective, but the way Sonic acts in this current age just annoys the hell out of me. So yeah. I like most of Sonic…just not his current self. Can’t wait for the new TV series, though.

:ultkingdedede:
Dedede, though, is pretty simple in comparison to Sonic. He’s a chill penguin guy, and I like the dude. Again I refer you to the Green Scorpion to describe him – in that he’s well-meaning but ‘kind of a bully’. It’s a characterization I quite enjoy. Though I’d have to side with Zinith in that I’d prefer it if he stayed as the villain – he’s goofy yet intimidating, especially when he puts on the mask in SSU (Super Star Ultra, not Subspace Emissary).

:ultolimar:
At first glance, he may not appear to have much in the way of personality, but the Treasure Horde in Pikmin 2 reveals him to be a hilarious old fart who cares very much for his troupe of carrot people. He’s very charming in his snark towards his boss and company, yet when the chips are down, he’s a brave commando and a good dad. It’s times like this where I wish Pikmin 4 would just come out already.

:ultlucario:
Can’t say I feel much towards this blue furry, but unlike the star-furries, I can say I know enough about him to like him at least a little. He’s pretty well-designed, and the aura-thing is a genius concept (one of my favorite Total Drama characters ran on that concept). Though then again, Chuggaaconroy has a bit of a point when the word ‘aura’ in Pokemon lore means whatever GF wants it to in the moment…

:ultrob:
Another :ultgnw: case in that he isn’t really a character outside of Smash. He’s cool in the Subspace story, though. That’s another story, however. Anyway, Professor Hector for Smash!

:ulttoonlink:
It’s Link again, but cute and prone to all manner of slapstick humor. He’s charming in a lot of ways, and even within Smash he’s got a goofy, clumsy personality that makes him quite funny to witness compared to the other edgelord Links. I also feel bad for him having to put up with all of Tetra’s neverending and often very annoying sass. Yeah, I’m not exactly what you would call a “fan” of tomboys. (Totally Spies is an exception, but let’s not get into that right now.)

:ultwolf:
Oh hey another Starfox character I don’t care about much because I know way too little about the series for my own good. Christ, what am I even doing? My dad mentioned playing the series (or one of the games, anyway) as a kid, so I should REALLY try getting into the series myself. As for Wolf himself…eh? He’s got a cool design in Ultimate, I guess. And that’s without him being busted.

Top Bottom