• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your most embarrassing loss?

Playing as Sonic (chosen by the random button, otherwise I'd never intentionally pick him), I selfdestructed twice in a row, the exact same way. I believe I was on an omega stage and I used the side-special while offstage, and both times Sonic just rammed the side of the stage and fell to his death.

Lime Cultivist

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-3457-2010
At a local as Falco vs a Villager. We were both down to last stock, but I had just respawned and he was at around 70-80%. I tried to shine or something without thinking and accidentally side-b offstage, and the Villager player hits me once with a dair while saying "No, not like this!" and I was too low to recover. Was much more silly than salty for me in this game, but a sad way to go.

Last edited:

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Post your worst losses here.

Today I counterpicked someone to Halberd thinking I could capitalize on Mega Man's up-air. First stock THEY up-aired ME and second stock I died to the claw.

subparlobster

Smash Rookie
NNID
SubparLobster94
I was playing a weekly tournament last Friday. I was playing Link and I hadn't lost after 3 sets. On my fourth set I faced a peach who is really good. I got a little spooked after he bodied me the first game. During the second game I thought I had the match and I went to down spike him. Peach's parasol caught my spike and took the stock off the top.

Dusic

Smash Rookie
SD twice at a local tournement then lose 2 - 0 in the loser's bracket on a best of 2 on the same day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Trying to disrespect someone with Ganon's Wizard foot and missing :p

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Once upon a time, A brave, smart, handsome player who went by the name Sir Smokebomb the 12th, was playing a friendly match with some guy, Sir Smoke played as :4ness: and the other player played as :4greninja:. Sir Smoke was feeling really confident in his Ness skills and and even spiked the player 2 times with only 13% damage. Then Sir Smoke for some damn reason missed the PK thunder to himself. But no matter. Sir Smoke had the most awesome lead, :4ness: with 2 stocks and zero % and :4greninja: with 78% 1 stock. Sir Smoke then tried Nairing :4greninja: to the blast zone, but since :4greninja:s U-B pushes people, Ness once again, missed the PK thunder. But no matter, both one stock with Ness having zero damage and :4greninja:with 128%. Surly the match was in Sir Smokes hands right? Well, Sir Smoke some reason when Sir Smoke was sure he pressed U-B, :4ness: did PK pulse instead, causing Ness to be helpless in the air with 13% Sir Smoke met his defeat. Then the guy quit, leaving Sir Smoke pandering at what the **** has happened. To this day, Sir Smoke is still wondering what the **** happened that match.

:link:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I was getting wrecked by a Yoshi on for Glory. I ended up offstage, helpless with only one stock! It seemed to be the end for me... but then the Yoshi tried to disrespect me by going after me with a dair, thus restoring my ability to recover! I returned to the stage! HAH! FOOLISH YOSHI! YOUR MISTAKE SHALL COST YOU YOUR LIFE! PREPARE TO BE DECIMATED!

Then I self-destructed.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit that this woman is better playing Link than I am. The part I find most embarrassing was when I tried to counter in the end but instead I.... Just watch the video. ^^;;; I'm not ashamed of posting my losses!!! Though I did laughed and went ape-**** and was like "I pressed down b to COUNTER THAT"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeqBdwIopLk

At least she threw in Good Games after every match and even ditto as playing Ike with me when I asked. Still, every time I look at my replay I'm like "I wonder if I could have turned this whole match around if I actually pressed the RIGHT button". Oh well, she would've counter my attacks anyway.

EDIT: If you're gonna give me constructive criticism about my performance then just shoot me a private message for those who can't help themselves.

Last edited:

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
I had started up Smash Bros. for the first time in a while, and I was feeling rusty, so I decided to play on For Fun. Of course, the first stage I got was Pac Land, so just staying on screen was a battle in itself, but hey, no reason not to try. During the fray, I noticed one guy was an easy target: he was pretty dead-set on targeting the other players, and barely seemed to even notice me. I tried to fight everyone equally, and I never got to face the one player in an extended fight due to being bothered by the other opponents, and again, Pac Land, but I made a definite effort to go after him.

The match soon began to wrap up with me definitely losing, but I wanted to see how my three opponents did relative to me: did that Marth win? Or maybe it was the Bowser. The results screen slowly loaded. And the winner was... Both of them?

I sat there with my jaw hanging open. I was playing team battle the whole time. I had even deliberately selected team battle, but I forgot about it. If I hadn't been so busy targeting my team mate, we might have stood a chance, but as it was, we both ended up being easy pickings. I considered using the tags to type out an explanation or apology, but I didn't have the time or space, so the only thing I could do was to disappear in a poof of embarrassment.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
I once decided to suicide with a Yoshi using Aether after he had a considerable lead, last stock I get him up to around 90% which almost any of Ike's moves will kill at while I was sitting around 12%, he throws me off, I Quick Draw instead of Aether and fly under the stage and die
Similar thing happens to me all the damn time with Ryu. Tatsumaki to hell.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I hit a Little Mac with Ganon's utilt so I decided to be a douche and up taunt x3 when the Little Mac was right next to me. He walked up to me and used KO punch lol

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I hit a Little Mac with Ganon's utilt so I decided to be a douche and up taunt x3 when the Little Mac was right next to me. He walked up to me and used KO punch lol
Well, to be fair, you kind of had it coming, didn't you?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'll admit that this woman is better playing Link than I am. The part I find most embarrassing was when I tried to counter in the end but instead I.... Just watch the video. ^^;;; I'm not ashamed of posting my losses!!! Though I did laughed and went ape-**** and was like "I pressed down b to COUNTER THAT"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeqBdwIopLk

At least she threw in Good Games after every match and even ditto as playing Ike with me when I asked. Still, every time I look at my replay I'm like "I wonder if I could have turned this whole match around if I actually pressed the RIGHT button". Oh well, she would've counter my attacks anyway.

EDIT: If you're gonna give me constructive criticism about my performance then just shoot me a private message for those who can't help themselves.
Heh heh. Yeah. You would of won if you pressed the counter button. ^^ It's cool.

Expert Toon Link players are the bane of my existence. Urgh...

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
The first and only time I tried for Sonic's meteor smash offstage.
I was fighting against a Metaknight, I spring gimped him about 3 times, so the distance was too great for him to recover with Shuttle Loop. Thinking he was going to just accept it and fall to his death, I decided to run off the stage and go for it, but then he air dodged and I went right through him.

I was too busy applying my palm to my forehead to remember I could've easily springed back to the stage.

RainDog

Smash Rookie
My first post here, seems like a fun way to introduce myself.

Of all my close friends, i'm the only one really interested in learning the intermediate-advanced techniques and getting above the casual level. When we all play together i try to go for crazy/flashy/risky stuff to keep it fun for everyone, though i still win most of the time. We wrap up every session of friendlies with a 7 stock all Ganondorf free for all. Last time we did this, three times in the same game i went out to spike one of my buddies and got ganoncided. The embarassing part was that he wasn't even trying to ganoncide me, he was just recovering high with side-b and i kept jumping directly into it.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto

Of all my close friends, i'm the only one really interested in learning the intermediate-advanced techniques and getting above the casual level. When we all play together i try to go for crazy/flashy/risky stuff to keep it fun for everyone, though i still win most of the time. We wrap up every session of friendlies with a 7 stock all Ganondorf free for all. Last time we did this, three times in the same game i went out to spike one of my buddies and got ganoncided. The embarassing part was that he wasn't even trying to ganoncide me, he was just recovering high with side-b and i kept jumping directly into it.
Gotta love that Ganoncide. And, by the way, Welcome!

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice

Welcome :)

I know this is about my own embarrassing death, but i have to go slightly off topic as it would have been embarrassing for my opponent. He was Capt. Falcon, i was Gannon. He was whopping my butt utilizing his quickness, hit me off the ledge and jumped out to get me, i Gannoncided him. Then second stock, he chases me out again to down-stomp me, i down-stomped at the same time, spike him at low percents.

FloriCA

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the quality!
Need I say more? Look at the time, the percents. It deserves to be in a YouTube Montage :grin:
The matches before were against a bunch of beginners, so I definitely was not ready for the destruction. The Lucas played god-like while I was using my Gamepad in my bed at 3AM. Lucas is also my secondary, so it hurt even more.
After that, I quickly saved the replay, calmly unhanded the Gamepad, and looked at the ceiling for five minutes trying to handle the burn.
I legitimately couldn't touch the game for almost a week, and it still hurts watching.:teeth:

After that I swore myself to never play online when I'm feeling tired, especially on the gamepad when I'm feeling lazy and want to stay in bed.

Last edited:

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
Once I was playing Falcon against Ganon and tried to Falcon punch him. He immediately followed up with a Warlock punch, and my punch hit him first, but he super armored the whole hit and destroyed me during my end lag. It was actually pretty impressive. Another time I was Megaman on the ledge and tried to drop off, midair jump, air shooter to hit Mewtwo above me. Mewtwo proceeds to reflect it back down at me pushing me down instead of upwards. I was amazed when Rush somehow still boosted me all the way up back to the ledge. Good boy.

Peppermint1201

Smash Journeyman
NNID
orangeguy1201
3DS FC
0361-7301-1534
Definitely my loss to a guy on Anthers' Ladder who said it was his very first match since joining the site. He used Lucas game 1 and Mewtwo game 2...

Gamin'Snow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snowcracker
Yeaaaaah, you know those days? You know, those ones where you can't do anything right?
This match was the result of one of those days. Not only did I completely recover the wrong way somehow, but I also tried to drill rush to the ground, only to drill rush to the edge and DIE.
All against a Villager that I could've probably easily beaten otherwise.

RainDog

Smash Rookie
Another time I was Megaman on the ledge and tried to drop off, midair jump, air shooter to hit Mewtwo above me. Mewtwo proceeds to reflect it back down at me pushing me down instead of upwards. I was amazed when Rush somehow still boosted me all the way up back to the ledge. Good boy.
I did this to a Mega Man with Zelda one time. He did not have Rush out -- was one of the most satisfying kills i've got so far :)

RainDog

Smash Rookie
Had another good one today on For Glory. I was beating a Ness pretty handily with Zelda. I had the % lead when he put me off stage and sent a pk thunder after me. I think "yay, free kill!" and up-b into him, except due to lag the input up-b-directed-sideways comes out as side-b, and i fall helplessly to death. I come back, take his stock, rack up the % lead again. He tosses me off stage and starts up a pk flash. "Yay, free kill!" i think, with no sense of foreboding. Another lag-induced Din's Fire sails impotently past Ness. Guy didn't even stay to give me a rematch.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I was messing around vs a little mac and tried to do an aerial rollut, and he used his KO punch on me a little early, but the sindbox sent me flying offstage so I slowly spun while falling... To my death...

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
So this moment 'out embarrasses' my earlier post.

This was a team battle and there was a Samus doing the roll to edge spam missiles strategy. After losing twice to this strategy as Ike and Lucas, and realizing my teammate doesn't get that we need to focus on the freaking Samus!

I switch to Roy and decide I'm never going to let this Samus catch a single break. Yes I was way past salty at that point. Anyways by the time the match ended, I was thinking we totally won that. But it goes to Sudden Death!

Knowing Samus would roll to the edge and shoot a missile, I block while my partner unfortunately dies. I take out my opponents partner who rushes at me. That leaves me and Samus.

And since Samus would not move from the edge and kept spamming missiles. I figured I'd just get close enough and then jump and hit them with a fair.

I proceed to jump over the missile, and Samus, AND the entirety of the stage in general and fair straight to my death. I face palmed so hard at the results screen. Thinking did that really just happen. I'm a complete idiot. And then I instantly left the room in shame. It would have been less embarrassing to just stand there and get hit by the missile.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
So this moment 'out embarrasses' my earlier post.

This was a team battle and there was a Samus doing the roll to edge spam missiles strategy. After losing twice to this strategy as Ike and Lucas, and realizing my teammate doesn't get that we need to focus on the freaking Samus!

I switch to Roy and decide I'm never going to let this Samus catch a single break. Yes I was way past salty at that point. Anyways by the time the match ended, I was thinking we totally won that. But it goes to Sudden Death!

Knowing Samus would roll to the edge and shoot a missile, I block while my partner unfortunately dies. I take out my opponents partner who rushes at me. That leaves me and Samus.

And since Samus would not move from the edge and kept spamming missiles. I figured I'd just get close enough and then jump and hit them with a fair.

I proceed to jump over the missile, and Samus, AND the entirety of the stage in general and fair straight to my death. I face palmed so hard at the results screen. Thinking did that really just happen. I'm a complete idiot. And then I instantly left the room in shame. It would have been less embarrassing to just stand there and get hit by the missile.
:|

Feztio

Smash Rookie
I was playing tournament mode as kirby against a lucas. We were on our final stock, I was at 80% and he was at 135%. There were 5 seconds on the clock so being the **** that I am I was running away. With 1 second on the clock he hits me with dat pk Thunder close to the blast zone and I died.

Top Bottom