• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Your Go-To Practice Stage?

_gold_

Smash Master
Which stages are your go-to stages which you prefer practicing on? Personally, I prefer stages where I can see clearly, and which makes the colors pop more. For example, I avoid Pyrosphere or even Final Destination because it changes the color tint of the fighters, and the background can sometimes interfere with your focus. On the other hand, stages like Onett and Peach's Castle 64 are bright with simple backgrounds (Note: I'm referring to the omega versions, but feel free to discuss about the vanilla stages as well).

What's your stage preference?

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Generally, I use Battlefield or Final Destination due to the simple stage layout, although I will go to some Omega forms because I like the scenery and/or music of some stages.

Last edited:

Kryver98

Smash Rookie
Usually just any Omega stage at Random, but I prefer Palutena's Temple because of the scenery.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Wii Fit Studio in Omega form. I'd think it was made for training

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I usually pick a relatively neutral, non-transitional stage when I practice. Usually it's Battlefield or an Omega stage relevant to the character I've chosen. If I'm particularly lazy or want to get right into the action, I just choose a random Omega stage and go for it.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I usually use Miiverse for some reason.

In Brawl I used to mostly use Smashville, though. Lots of flat ground, plus the platform was convenient for testing vertical hitboxes and suchlike. (Also I had the Tom Nook's Store theme replaced with Miror B.'s theme from Pokémon XD via hacks, so the stage had excellent music.)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Omega Battlefield.

I don't know why though. I tend to just always go to it.

Unless it's for patch comparing between 3DS and Wii U, where I just use Final Destination.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Miiverse (omega and normal), I like seeing my art pop up being that the Support Samus community loves my posts.

Kitsunebi

Smash Rookie
NNID
TenebrousFox
The Great Cave Offensive (Omega). I love the purples, greens, and blues and a lot of my favorite Kirby songs are on there (especially Through the Forest)! Definitely a place where me and my buddy find ourselves practicing a lot.

D

Deleted member

I practice on Final Destination and / or Battlefield due to their simple layouts.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Usually an Omega. I like to pick Windy Hill, Coliseum or Port Town.

I'll pick Battlefield for platform specific stuff.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I always go for Omega stages, but I usually go to my home turf: Wily Castle. The music is so amazing in that stage. :)

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Final Destination cause' its one of the most popular Omega stages.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Kalos Pokemon League because I absolutely adore the stage and love seeing the Pokemon in the background.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Omega Mute City, Omega Mario Bros wiiu, Omega FE stages. All for their great music xD

But for some reason i go to the Omega Wrecking Crew stage the absolute most. I really like the background buildings. It'd be cool if there was a way to get a 'Night' version of the stage :3

Last edited:

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Battlefield, Kalos Pokemon League, and Coliseum.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Anything Omega, but mostly the pretty and colorful stages with great music on top of that.

Kaneki164

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thawk164
3DS FC
5127-2247-5437
I mostly practice on Omega Battlefield, but any other Omega stage that looke pretty and have good music.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Great Cave Offensive Omega. My reasoning is that its not too hard to see, the ledge and underneath of the stage lets me practice stage spiking as well as wall jumping, and (main reason) the King Dedede Theme Ver. 2 gets me in the zone.:yeahboi:

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Battlefield, Omega or otherwise. I'll go to another stage if I want to try out something specific.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Normally I just go through the starter stage lists but if I want a change of scenery I go Omega Gaur Plains, Suzaku Castle, or Hyrule Castle 64.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield is my go-to since it's considered the best stage for my mains, but I practice on all legal stages

Top Bottom