• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats your favorite SNES Game?

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Mine is probably Super Mario RPG: Seven Stars:4mario::4bowser::4peach:

With Earthbound quickly becoming a close second.:4ness:

finalark

SNORLAX
Super Samus is the best game in the Samus series.

Up on the reals, though, it's probably this:

I've never actually played this on a SNES, my childhood self has only ever experienced it on PS1. Out of all of the SNES games I've played this one really stuck with me. I've been wanting to revisit it for a while. Anyone know if the DS port is worth the $25+ price tag it normally carries?

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
There're a lot of great SNES games. But if I had to choose, it'll probably go to Mega Man X. Fast run-and-gun action with awesome music and a ton of content. But I also love Super Metroid, Super Castlevania IV, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Mario World. I've dabbled into Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. They're pretty good from what I played. I really need to go back and play them more...

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Definitely between EarthBound and A Link to the Past, but I think EarthBound would end up winning in the end.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Super Samus is the best game in the Samus series.

Up on the reals, though, it's probably this:

I've never actually played this on a SNES, my childhood self has only ever experienced it on PS1. Out of all of the SNES games I've played this one really stuck with me. I've been wanting to revisit it for a while. Anyone know if the DS port is worth the $25+ price tag it normally carries?
This is my pick. And yes, the DS port is worth the 25 dollars. Best version of Chrono Trigger out there. Extra dungeons aren't that interesting but a nice addition. Also extra ending too written by Masato Kato. The new best equipment makes you really OP, but it's not like the game was that difficult.

djtatsujin

Smash Cadet
I played many of the staples, but my favorite offbeat SNES game was Legend of the Mystical Ninja. A challenging game that had a lot of things to get sidetracked with.

I could give you my real answer and say Super Metroid or A Link to the Past.

But I'll just say it's Umihara Kawase, just to look hip.

Soup's On!

Smash Cadet
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer, and I'm not sure how much I need/should post to explain why that is, but here goes anyhow:

There are so many good SNES games, but most of the ones that are considered good or the best are just ones I can't really bring myself to replay. Mega Man X? A good game, but when I try and pick it up to replay its goodness I just put it down after a stage or two. Super Mario RPG? Very fun, but same problem. Chrono Trigger? Link to the Past? Mario World? I've never been able to maintain interest long enough to beat them, much less replay.

But the one I DO keep going back to? Shiren.

I like that, like all good roguelikes/roguelites/whatevers, it's a semi-random adventure that doesn't take much to get started in. I can do several plays of Shiren in a day. I like that there's still a sense of permanence thanks to warehouses and the events in towns, meaning each run isn't in a vacuum: after every time I play, I know I did something that'll impact my next run.

I like that its rules are simple: an objection does an action, and for 95% of the items that's it. Cleverness in Shiren isn't about whatever special trick was coded in for that specific instance. It's knowing you have a Knockback Staff, a Switching Staff, and an impassable river, and if you Knockback an enemy over the river then use the Switching, tada, you got past it.

I like that it doesn't annoy me too often with non-gameplay fluff. It's there, and there's occasional scenes, but by and large it's you and the game. Pick it up, play, well, you died, but you have something to look forward to for next time. And if you REALLY want something serious, there's always the Final Puzzle...

I love what it does and I can't find anything that does it better for me. I've been playing it for years, which, for better or worse, is more than can be said for my history with the SNES classics.

CassandraZD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groosinator
3DS FC
5429-9033-2238
Oof, this is a really tough one. I don't have one favourite on this console. It's a tie between Yoshi's Island, Super Mario World, and A Link to the Past. All three are equally good to me.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Super Mario World :4mario: or F-Zero :4falcon:

But that's selling the console short. It also has greats like Castlevania IV, Yoshi's Island, the DKC series, EarthBound, A Link to the Past, Street Fighter II, Earthworm Jim, Final Fight, and Super Metroid. It's hard to pick just one. Way too much good stuff.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Mortal Kombat II
SimCity
NBA Jam: Tournament Edition (mainly because you can use cheat codes to play as Hillary Clinton, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince, The Beastie Boys, and so many more)

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Dang man, there are so many amazing games for this thing, its like choosing between your children. I love the Donkey Kong Country series, but then there is Super Mario All Stars, Battletoads, and Super Metroid. Oh, and don't forget about the RPGs. Too many good games to count.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Definitely Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

I can't think of any other game on the SNES that I spent playing practically non-stop as a kid before the N64 stepped in.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
My top 5 favorite SNES games are:

1) Weaponlord
2) Super Mario Kart
3) Street Fighter 2 Turbo
4) Mortal Kombat II
5) Earthworm Jim

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
It's a tie between Earthbound, Mega Man X, and Super Mario World for me.

D

Deleted member

It's hard to say, since there's so many great games available for the system. The DKC games, perhaps?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Some popular favorites of mine:

Kirby's Dream Course - it's deceptively deep and the music was awesome

Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars - timeless art style and revolutionary game play

As for off the wall favorites -

U.N. Squadron - such a unique style with memorable music and SFX

Firepower 2000 - So many countless hours playing co-op with my brother and father

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:4mario:Super Mario World
:4littlemac:Super Punch Out
:4samus:Super Metroid
:4megaman:Megaman X
:4diddy:Donkey Kong Country 2
:substitute:Act Raiser
:4yoshi:Yoshi's Island
:4kirby:Kirby Super Star
:4pacman:Pac-Attack
TMNT Turtles in Time, Power Rangers the Movie, Marvel War of the Gems, Illusion of Gaia, Sonic Blastman 2 and Tecmo Super Bowl 3

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Definitely Super Metroid without a doubt.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Not even a contest.

By a complete hundred miles. I mean the game is also my fave game in general sooooo....

There really is no contest.

delcamex

Smash Rookie
My favorite games have to be:

-Mega Man X
-Mario World
-Donkey Kong Country 3

Aaaaaaaand it might seems a little weird, but I LOVE International Super Star Soccer Deluxe, I don't know/care if it's a good game or not, I just have so much fun out of it! It has simple controls, difficult games with the CPU, it's just... the best football game evur. Period.

F

FennerGuy1992

:4yoshi::4bowser:Tetris Attack
:4mario::4luigi::4peach:Super Mario Kart (honorable mentions to RPG)
:4falcon:F-Zero
:4dk::4diddy:Donkey Kong Country 1
:4bowserjr:Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:Kirby Superstar

Last edited by a moderator:

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Zombies ate my neighbor s wins hands down, and super ghouls and ghosts comes in at a close second

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Nice taste in games, OP!

My favorite is Donkey Kong Country 2, which is also my favorite game of all time.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Too many sweet titles to choose from.

- Turtles in Time. TMNT (my dream that probably won't happen is to see Leonardo in a Smash Bros title.)

- Super Mario RPG (love playing as Geno, Mallow, and especially Bowser. I like using the Hurly Gloves. Bowser grabs Mario and throws him at the enemy.)

- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (did you know I had to play this game again as an adult because I could not beat it as a kid?)

- Super R- Type (highly underrated SNES title. The music is bliss.)

- Street Fighter 2 Turbo

- Gradius (another underrated shooter that is really enjoyable ESPECIALLY teh Boss Rush!)
^ Love that level!

Last edited:
Top Bottom