• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite move?

nullife

Smash Cadet
What's your favorite move Ike can do?
It can be based on it's effectiveness or style.
Personally my favorite is his B-Air, it looks amazing and I love using it as a kill move and edgeguarding!

Last edited:

POOB

Smash Journeyman
My favorite move with ike is L+R+A+START

Now... time to un-watch the ike boards

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Lol i clicked "watch thread" for ike awhile ago when i played him, so i get notifications when ppl post stuff in it but now i dint play him so im unwatching

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The frame-perfect Quickdraw OHKO (which can now hit Game & Watch and Jiggs, by the way).

nullife

Smash Cadet
The frame-perfect Quickdraw OHKO (which can now hit Game & Watch and Jiggs, by the way).
I saw that in the patch notes! Honestly didn't know it wasn't working on them.
Quickdraw should be my favorite move because of it's uses. But B-air tho...

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Raise the Roof UTilt. Ike is just flexing on fools with that move.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Heathens, the lot of you.

I just got my first fair -> WJ -> fair edgeguard (in 3.5 yes) and I wouldn't even CONSIDER anything else to be swaggier or more awesome or .... OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG HYPPPPPE.

Chef2

Smash Apprentice
The legendary WJ eruption spike.

I will get you one day

ZestE

Smash Cadet
I'm probably going to be the only scrub saying this, but Dsmash is my favorite. It's not versatile or anything, but it can punish sidesteps and rolls. Surprisingly enough, if you use the first hit at a decently high percent, you can QD and follow up real fast since most people are still wondering why tf they're flying backwards. It can also kill at moderately low percents by the edge since people don't think to DI a down-smash.

Also, while this is not really too viable, it's hilarious when you're in a tense neutral game and you walk two paces backward instead and use the first hit the wrong way, and as they think to close in and punish, slap them with the second hit (which comes out surprisingly quick but idk frame difference).

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
Lately I've been feeling D-Smash. It has such weird KB to it, comes out quick enough, and no one ever really sees it coming so their DI is usually off. Not particularly a "useful" move, but a lot more useful than people think it is.

nullife

Smash Cadet
D-Smash is probably my favorite smash Ike has honestly.
It's his quickest smash (If i'm not mistaken) and it kills at a pretty decent percentage.

Chef2

Smash Apprentice
I love dsmash for the wonky angle, that it can combo into the second hit and it's speed. However, I hate how ike leans the opposite way he swings, really shortens the range it covers compared to like ftilt.

Commander

Smash Ace
QD>Charged Upsmash tech chase. Making a hard read from across the stage is always fun. t is tied with Wall Jump Fair edgeguards.

NQuad1Zero

Smash Cadet
Ikecopter (Upair). Especially the giant sweetspot sound when you've hit with the later portion of the hitbox.

nullife

Smash Cadet
Ikecopter (Upair). Especially the giant sweetspot sound when you've hit with the later portion of the hitbox.
Killing with that sweetspot is the most satisfying thing ever.

Last edited:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
at edge: Side-throw out of the ring and Down-Air
ok that's a killing situation. of i have to name one move:
Definitly Back-Air!

Last edited:

_DarkLava

Smash Cadet
Quickdraw. Great mixups.

Can jump, wavedash, grab, upsmash, pivot grab, Walljump, RAR right out of it. It's a great move.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Fair and Fsmash, two of the most satisfying moves that Ike has.

Last edited:

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Ike's best poking move, which is his F-tilt. Comes out pretty fast, has some solid range, damage, and knockback. You can also angle it upward or downward for edgeguarding/shieldpoking.

Immortalike

Smash Rookie
Dair on grounded opponent to FSmash,
Grab Fox on ledge, up throw, DTilt, eruption for back up Mspike
Grab, forward throw, QD jump cancel(anticipate opponent Nair) to counter.
Down tilt, forward tilt, into x chasing combo
Countering aggressive players
Utilt juggling to x combo

CFL_Outsider

Smash Rookie
QD->RAR Bair what else is more stylish than Ike back flipping across the entire stage for a bair kill?

Top Bottom