• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Move on Pit?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Bow of Palutena. Simple, effective, drives people crazy, great for setting up potential combos.

It's Pit's staple weapon and it has a strong presence in the lore. And bows are just cool in the first place regardless~

TheBurningBadger

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChibiOfficial
3DS FC
4871-5711-3749
I actually killed a fox player by shooting him with that making him fall off the edge while shooting so he didn't have time to recover

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Pits Dair is godly , I get at least 60% of all my kills with it.
Meteor smash into meteor smash/footstool is a broken combo.
Personally I've managed 3 meteor smashes into a footstool on an unsuspecting Robin killing him at 30%
Pits Dair is one of the least laggiest meteor smashes so if you cant follow em just hover in the air with your multiple jumps and wait for them to try come back while you guard the ledge.

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
I think I'll go with N-air... Instant startup, super wide hitbox, medium knockback for follow-ups, and no landing lag at all if auto-canceled. Oh, and the whole animation is really cool. It also has an interesting fast-fall attribute. If you fast-fall while hitting, enemies don't follow the attack so they just twitch. Good for mindgames, and gimping some characters like leaf shield does. It's an amazingly versatile aerial.

Honorable mentions for F-tilt, D-air, and F-smash. F-tilt looks cool with huge range, and has satisfying tippers like Marth. Rising D-airs for attacking safely, and it can meteor smash and even combo into an U-smash KO if they don't tech the meteor on the ground. And I think F-smash is one of the best in the game (and he does a cool pose after it lol).

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
If only F-Smash had a little bit less lag :s

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
DSmash, while it doesn't kill early, is a REALLY fast move.

It's awesome!

ChaoticRoy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roythunder
3DS FC
4356-1809-4292
Animation wise I love F-smash and Up-tilt. Just look at it up close on training mode at 1/4 speed. It's sooooo cool.

Use wise it's almost impossible for me to decide since I pretty much love all his moves. But I'll go for Bair and Palutena's Arrow because getting a tippered Bair kill when edge-guarding feels so damn good and snipping people to their deaths is extremely fun.

Last edited:

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
Animation wise I love F-smash and Up-tilt. Just look at it up close on training mode at 1/4 speed. It's sooooo cool.

Use wise it's almost impossible for me to decide since I pretty much love all his moves. But I'll go for Bair and Palutena's Arrow because getting a tippered Bair kill when edge-guarding feels so damn good and snipping people to their deaths is extremely fun.
I love F-Smash... I actually did look at the slowed down animation at some point. I used to like it mostly because of the cool pose Pit does after it, but I saw how awesome the animation is... Slashing with a twin blade, spinning around and seamlessly combining it into the bow while delivering a strike, then posing. But dang, the spin thing happens so fast you can barely tell otherwise.

ChaoticRoy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roythunder
3DS FC
4356-1809-4292
I love F-Smash... I actually did look at the slowed down animation at some point. I used to like it mostly because of the cool pose Pit does after it, but I saw how awesome the animation is... Slashing with a twin blade, spinning around and seamlessly combining it into the bow while delivering a strike, then posing. But dang, the spin thing happens so fast you can barely tell otherwise.
I used to think he only did 2 slashes with the swords kind of like Link' F-smash because of how fast he spins. If it wasn't because I noticed the bow was always together by the end of the move I would have never though about slowing down the attack to see what really was happening lol

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
The F-tilt. It spaces, it damages and it kills. And the animation though; dat scissor-slash :212::212::212: ;33

Also the heroic pose of F-smash was mentioned by various people here. I am mesmerised specifically by the pose struck while charging F-smash; it makes :4pit::4darkpit: look bold and fierce! ;d

Last edited:

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Would it be wrong of me to say Ftilt?
EERHHH HELL NO?! One will subdue to the subtle yet fierce sway of the F-tilt 'scissors'.. Do not try to resist this allure, because that'd be futile. Instead, embrace the move and yield to its majesty..

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Forward smash has some good range and is a reliable kill move.

And arrow sniping is a great tool to stop characters like Robin or Samis from charging their neutral specials.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
U-tilt is definitely the coolest looking one. It's like some angel fighting style with them kicks. Honorable mention to F-smash for looks.
I really don't know which one I like best for its usefulness though. It'll probably come to me in the future.

Ikieri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4824-9515
Let's be honest. We all were shocked by how awesome Pit's Final Smash was when it was revealed. Not only do you get to rain arrows of destruction, you get to use JESUS BEAMS!

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll go with N-air... Instant startup, super wide hitbox, medium knockback for follow-ups, and no landing lag at all if auto-canceled. Oh, and the whole animation is really cool. It also has an interesting fast-fall attribute. If you fast-fall while hitting, enemies don't follow the attack so they just twitch. Good for mindgames, and gimping some characters like leaf shield does. It's an amazingly versatile aerial.

Honorable mentions for F-tilt, D-air, and F-smash. F-tilt looks cool with huge range, and has satisfying tippers like Marth. Rising D-airs for attacking safely, and it can meteor smash and even combo into an U-smash KO if they don't tech the meteor on the ground. And I think F-smash is one of the best in the game (and he does a cool pose after it lol).
Yeah couldn't agree more! Nair is my favorite as well since its really safe and its so satisfying to land all of the hits with! Also Dsmash is also really good thanks to its crazy speed (seriously its so fast that even if someone is close to you, you can dodge almost immediately!) and it has like no ending lag (so you can instantly use this move again for some mind games!). Also pit's normal jab (without the infinite and finisher) is actually really good and has good range and can even combo! That's all I have for now. I'm still learning with the character but I like his play style.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I've just started playing with Pit, but I really like his F-tilt. Also, that Upperdash Arm is just...wow.

...Which is pretty much what everybody says here.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Favorite move on Pit is Palutena's Bow. I've improved (SO MUCH) with the aiming and it feels so good to land a fully charged one :awesome:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Punishing with upper dash arm is the best feeling in the world.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
U-air. It racks up damage and it can combo into itself so easily.

Sora66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sora66
Mine would be Palutana's bow. Its just very fun gimping people with it. I did it against my brother and, It just felt very satisfying XD

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
Upperdash arm, hands down. I just love spamming that move, even though I get rekt for doing it. That BAM sound you get for connecting makes all the punishment worth it, haha! Unfortunately, I don't use it as much as I'd want to because I am trying to learn to play competitively, but still.

Anyway, taking competitive considerations into account...nair. I love using it with people right in the center and hitting with all the hitboxes. Not to mention it's so good at just catching people in the air.

Last edited:

PixelPerfect

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Link1182
I like using N-air. It's not flashy or anything but it's usually a good and safe follow-up plus it's a decently sized hitbox so landing it isn't that much of a problem, especially in a short hop.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My favorite one of his moves would have to be that awesome Upperdash Arm. That's about it.

Top Bottom