• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Ganon match up? (not a meta discussion)

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so the deal here is really simple.

This isn't intended to be a place to discus match up difficulties, counters and general meta. (there are whole other threads for that)
But instead, i want to hear about what match ups people find the most fun, interesting or generally exciting.

Personally i really like Ganondorf vs Ike.

So any-who.

What are your favorite Ganondorf match ups? Why?

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
I enjoy the Bowser matchup. It's one of the few times where Ganon isn't the big power character, so I find that it forces me to play a little differently, and playing mind games because of Super Armor is fun.

I also really like the Jigglypuff matchup, because it's fun to just swat that balloon out of the air. It makes me feel powerful and dominant (then comes the rest combo).

Finally, Ganon vs. Falcon is fun for the PAUNCHing wars.

Cleon

Smash Rookie
I enjoy the Bowser matchup. It's one of the few times where Ganon isn't the big power character, so I find that it forces me to play a little differently, and playing mind games because of Super Armor is fun.

I also really like the Jigglypuff matchup, because it's fun to just swat that balloon out of the air. It makes me feel powerful and dominant (then comes the rest combo).

Finally, Ganon vs. Falcon is fun for the PAUNCHing wars.
I like the bowser matchup a lot too. At first my friend (who mains bowser) and I thought it would be very favorable to ganon and the first few games it was. But after playing the matchup a lot it's not as one sided, bowser just needs to play a bit differently. It's definitely a fun one.

One matchup I hate, granted I only play against about 8 characters between those in my local area (my brother and our too friends at Jay St.), is against Lucario. Lucario is of my absolute least favorite characters to face in general, but I hate the ganon matchup with him.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
I love the flco fox match up. There sooo easy to combo against. And i like the sheik match up. Pushes me big time, lots of hype.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
All match ups are fine for me except for zelda, olimar, and mario

GenericName

Smash Apprentice
Just started messing with ganon a bit...

Dairing fox in the face after he firefoxes is just to satisfying.

BrianAure

Smash Cadet
Marth and Roy Match up. Although I do end up getting camped most of the time, it's fun to punish them

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
I really enjoy the ROB match, wizard's foot has priority over nearly all non-projectile moves he had

Mongoose132

Smash Rookie
My two favorite match ups are

Ganon v. Falco
(So squishy)
and
Ganon v. Peach
My regular training partner is a Peach main, so it's naturally my best match up. Aside from that though, I really appreciate the way Peach plays, her turnips are fierce, but not impossibly for Ganon to get through, and it also exercises the ol' bait and punish game with her crazy mobility.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Spacies. Ganon's punish game is so insane on them. Dairing up-B recovery is satisfying, and Ftilting side-B recovery is hilarious.

Any other heavyweight/hard hitter like DK and Falcon. So much pain on both sides.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
I really enjoy the ROB match, wizard's foot has priority over nearly all non-projectile moves he had
yeah, i really like the rob matchup, one of the funny things in that matchup is how grounded flame choke plops rob onto overhead platforms like on battlefield.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Just started messing with ganon a bit...

Dairing fox in the face after he firefoxes is just to satisfying.
Dairing any spacey is incredibly fun. The spacey mu in general is fun if you can survive the killer combos and go into a mosh fest with forward airs.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I like fighting slightly floaty people. I generally land 2 jabs in a row at low percentages against them, and I think I've gotten 3 before. Slap slap slap. Also love that bair has the same sfx.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, makes you feel like such a MAN! when you land it.

did you play with the builds where it did that sound effect on block, too? that was fun : D

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I like MUs involving larger characters. They're pretty much combo food for Ganon. That's not to say they're easy more than it's fun to invent some cool combos that Ganon otherwise couldn't do to other lighter/floatier characters.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
I like MUs involving larger characters. They're pretty much combo food for Ganon. That's not to say they're easy more than it's fun to invent some cool combos that Ganon otherwise couldn't do to other lighter/floatier characters.
yeah, I landed a vortex Nair into a double hit Dacus on a Dedede in friendlies recently. =D
So fun.

Robertzombie2

Smash Cadet
You enjoy fighting an unending wall of fireballs/pills?
surprisingly yes im a campy player myself so I really don't mind it, Most of the mario's I''ve fought with are just aggressive as heck and eventually just go in when you wait for them, I dunno im just comfortable dealing with pills and his approaches. I always seem to win on aerial trades. also maybe because I play with alot of marios and im comfy with the matchup

Lime Cultivist

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-3457-2010
I don't play him much, but my friend plays him a lot. He seems fine with fighting my other friends' Ike, but doesn't like fighting Mario. This is especially because of how much he uses fireballs, and Ganon can be caped pretty easily. Seems like he does alright vs. my Game and Watch, especially on Yoshi's when he can kill me at really really low percents (and with good DI, mind you), but GW can get some good combos on his heavy body. Sometimes we do a Ganon ditto and that's really fun. But if I do play Ganon my favorite matchup is probably vs. Falco; gimping him with jab is just so satisfying.

Top Bottom