• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite crowd reaction when playing as Lucario?

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is a unique character in Project M, possessing a combo system that's different from the rest of the roster. When people see Lucario for the first time, people's jaws drop, being surprised by that air grab spike, crazy recoveries, and of course, the spirit bomb. I wanna ask other Lucario players:

What's your favorite crowd reaction when playing as Lucario?

I'm kind of use to seeing that surprised look on my opponent's face when they have no experience against Lucario. I just enjoy crowd's reaction from seeing the air grabs and the spirit bomb. I also enjoy the stream and fb comments about the combo's I pull off. The "OHH!!!!'s" and shoutouts for my spirit bomb is awesome! I even made a video showcasing my combo's and people's reactions: http://youtu.be/ypFhBgV7Tks

That's my favorite crowd reaction. What's yours?

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
The "WOMBO. OH. AYY. AYYY. AYYYY. AHHHHH!" Progression as i continue. I won a campus smash tourney and Lemme tell you. The finishing blow, a tech chased grab into a pre-thrown aura bomb. Crowd lost their sh*t.

Grandmaster B-Funk

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty new to competitive smash, so i'm not anywhere close to being one of the top players in my area (Western Australia).

However the best reaction i got was after i got beaten by one of the top players, i had managed to take a set off him so i was pretty happy, and after the game he turned to me and said "I've versed a lot of lucario's, but your one is seriously sick, great job man."

It wasn't any huge crowd reaction, however it's a comment that's spurred me to try even harder with lucario, and to stick with smash competitively.

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty new to competitive smash, so i'm not anywhere close to being one of the top players in my area (Western Australia).

However the best reaction i got was after i got beaten by one of the top players, i had managed to take a set off him so i was pretty happy, and after the game he turned to me and said "I've versed a lot of lucario's, but your one is seriously sick, great job man."

It wasn't any huge crowd reaction, however it's a comment that's spurred me to try even harder with lucario, and to stick with smash competitively.
I'm glad you played against a top player and they praised you. We need more people like that to help the community grow.

Zoa

Smash Ace
My favorite reaction still comes from my practice partners. They still get mind****ed all the time from Lucario's surprising punish options. The burst movement off of a DT cancel to a stock never fails to make me crack a smile. Watching their bewilderment is priceless. Love this character and will never give him up.

Daltonthelou

Smash Rookie
As a player just breaking into my local scene from only playing with friends I was surprised that they had never seen a decent lucario before (which I am not by any means) but when they saw me do an uair combo to ESC-aFP off stage they lost their ****.

Last edited:

Grandmaster B-Funk

Smash Rookie
Guys it happened.

Threw out a spirit bomb to edge guard a fox, who managed to get over it. i then grabbed him from the middle of the stage and back threw him, just in case it was still there, but i had honestly thought it had gone. Low and behold i must have thrown him just at the right angle and on what must have been one of the spirit bombs last frames, and he connected with it and i got the stock.

The huge "OHHHHHHHHH!!!!" from the audience watching was nuts.

Felt good man.

Top Bottom