• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Bottom-tier fighter?

What's your favorite Bottom-tier fighter?

• Zelda

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Gannodorf

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Samus

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Palutena

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Lucina

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Mii Swordfighter

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Mii Brawler

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mii Gunner

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Lazerpants

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lazerpants
Out of all the Bottom-Tier Fighters (:4zelda::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4samus::4palutena::4charizard::4lucina::4dedede::4miisword::4miibrawl::4miigun:) who do you enjoy playing as the most? Post a Reply or vote in the poll.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4dedede:. Mained him and Brawl and mained him in this game for a year until I dropped him for Cloud. Still have fun playing as him in friendlies though.

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
:4ganondorf: Nothing like a powerful boot to the face to get fired up

D

Deleted member

Is lucina still considered a bottom tier, even after the patches?
And :4miibrawl:
The tier list isn't indicative of the current meta, particularly since it was from patch 1.1.3 and we got :4corrin: and :4bayonetta:.

I don't believe she's bottom tier. I think she's in the lower part of mid if you ask me.

Lazerpants

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lazerpants
i couldn't find a relevant tier list that included the new patch, so i went off of a tier list from when cloud was released.
but to my knowledge, yes they are both bottom tier, or at least at the bottom of low tier.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Though I don't consider her among "bottom tier", :4samus:, most definitely.

I feel Samus is more "low tier", not "bottom tier", considering her highly damaging combo game, zoning prowess and great suitability... but that's beside the point.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Definitely Zelda and Mii Seordfighter.
People say they're terrible but I do well with them.

Lazerpants

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lazerpants
Though I don't consider her among "bottom tier", :4samus:, most definitely.

I feel Samus is more "low tier", not "bottom tier", considering her highly damaging combo game, zoning prowess and great suitability... but that's beside the point.
no, i totally agree. i love to play samus and she definitely deserves more attention, but i believe her placement is valid
Samus is a projectile based character that can't win in a projectile war, yet she's not too great up close either, her opponents almost always fall out of her up-Smash, Jab, and Up-B, and shes way too floaty and slow to win against characters like sheik or Fox. i still love playing as her though

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
I said Ganondorf, but it's a close tossup between him, Charizard, and Palutena for me. A lot of the low tiers are very interesting in this game, and I like that most of them can at least somewhat keep up in a competitive setting. At the end of the day, though, gotta go with Nintendo's coolest villain!

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
no, i totally agree. i love to play samus and she definitely deserves more attention, but i believe her placement is valid
Samus is a projectile based character that can't win in a projectile war, yet she's not too great up close either, her opponents almost always fall out of her up-Smash, Jab, and Up-B, and shes way too floaty and slow to win against characters like sheik or Fox. i still love playing as her though
See, if you are going off of things such as results and potential, Samus actually deserves to be away from the bottom tier. She's gotten better results at bigger tournaments than any character around her, and has one of the (if not the) most damaging combo games in the entire game.

Also, go watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fJeqkvCyJs. This alone is enough to prove that Samus's strengths outweigh her weaknesses. By no means a secret high tier, or even mid tier. I see Samus as low tier, but 100% certainly not bottom tier.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You're always in for a good time playing ganon

KirbCider

Smash Ace
No contest here. King Dedede hands down since I main him. Zelda would come in second in terms of Favorite Low Tiers.

Funnily enough, I despised King Dedede in Brawl. He was the worst possible character for me and I never enjoyed him at all, and figured I never will. Things change though. One day I found myself messing with him and playing with him more and more, till he not only became a Main of mine, but one of my most dangerous next to ROB. I suppose it's due to the changes he got in Sm4sh U possibly?

Either way, I never foresaw the day he'd become my Smash Bestie/Favorite.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
No way Lucina is bottom tier in the current patch. To be brutally honest she wasn't even bottom tier in the last patch, let alone this one. Lucina can actually be pretty dangerous, now.
Also, the only thing I'll say about the official tier list is that it's honestly a joke.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
No way Lucina is bottom tier in the current patch. To be brutally honest she wasn't even bottom tier in the last patch, let alone this one. Lucina can actually be pretty dangerous, now.
Also, the only thing I'll say about the official tier list is that it's honestly a joke.
Why do people still think she's worse than roy? :/

D

Deleted member

Why do people still think she's worse than roy? :/
Because having better range, safety, recovery and practically having near Roy's damage output but with better frame data along with being able to play defensively and be safe when edgeguarding somehow equates to being a worse character than Roy to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Because having better range, safety, recovery and practically having near Roy's damage output but with better frame data along with being able to play defensively and be safe offstage somehow equates to being a worse character than Roy to them.
But haven't you heard?!
Roy's Neutral B can kill in one hit at 0%!
You don't see Lucina doing that!...

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I don't main any of this characters but I like playing as :4samus:, :4zelda: and, to a lesser extent, :4jigglypuff: among the ones you've listed.

It was a toss up between the first two but in the end I voted :4zelda: just because she needs some love.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Charizard, far and away. Given that I tow the casual/competitive line, I believe I'm relatively unusual in that I favor most of the game's super heavyweights, and Charizard offers a lot to someone like me.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Pre-patch that might've been true, but after 1.14 there's no way in hell that's the case.

As for me, the answer's always gonna be Jigglypuff, even though I don't think she's bottom tier.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Zelda's my favorite character to play as for fun. I mained her before Mewtwo came out.

I've also been interested in Samus. I was going to try her out last patch, but these new buffs are definitely a major bonus and are getting my attention.

Top Bottom