• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's with all the spammers on online mode?

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Seriously this is not fun at all. I have these guys in a lot of my matches. I want a fun, simple, 1v1 but they just have to spam to win >.>

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You can always punish them. Unless they are a Pikachu spamming neutral B. **** that ****.

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
You can always punish them. Unless they are a Pikachu spamming neutral B. **** that ****.
Well i can't punish them when i can't approach them with their spamming. i'm playing robin and he can't approach very well and my spells are cancelled by their spamming crud and also i have to charge my thunder

Hoezay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hoezay
3DS FC
4055-2969-6824
Spamming moves leads to stale moves to go in effect so jokes on them

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
Why do people keep making use of the moves that are good on their characters? From time to time they should use a move that sucks so I have a chance to win.

MSCowboy

Smash Rookie
It's easy to get a Pikachu to stop spamming. All you have to do is give them that opening they're looking for to run in and USmash you. :awesome:

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
So done with online mode. i just had a little mac spam jab all game and finished me off with his dash attack

i gave online mode one last chance. i said if i get another spammer im done. Guess what i got? A ****ing lucario spammer. i swear go **** yourselves spammers

Last edited by a moderator:

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
So done with online mode. i just had a little mac spam jab all game and finished me off with his dash attack
Its not "spamming" if its just constantly working. I haven't been able to jab spam pretty much ANYONE with Mac because they all make me pay for trying it. Just switch to a diff character to counter what they're doing. I'd keep jabbing you too if you weren't stopping me.

tebby

Smash Cadet
adjust your play style to accommodate that then

im playing greninja and that **** does not work on me

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Spamming is annoying. It's interesting, however. I was facing this guy that kept spamming Zero Suit Samus' dash attack knee and after a match or two of that I was able to counter perfectly. So it was really easy. However, then he switched to Dark Pit, using actual solid gameplay and it was MUCH harder. In fact, qhen he switched back to ZSS I beat him with two lives left. Some don't even know that solid gameplay is much better than just using a good move over and over until your opponent learns how to counter it.
I myself like to spam a bit during matches with my friends, but only for the lulz XP

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I am not a competitive player so maybe i am not the right player to give you an answer but, i always assumed that if i am getting spammed, it´s my own fault for not being able to counter a single move effectively.

I will learn to and get them next time.

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Its not "spamming" if its just constantly working. I haven't been able to jab spam pretty much ANYONE with Mac because they all make me pay for trying it. Just switch to a diff character to counter what they're doing. I'd keep jabbing you too if you weren't stopping me.
I never said it was constantly working, though. he spammed it whenever i tried to approach him and he would spam his dash attack to approach me and then jab even more when i tried to recover to the stage.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I am not a competitive player so maybe i am not the right player to give you an answer but, i always assumed that if i am getting spammed, it´s my own fault for not being able to counter a single move effectively.

I will learn to and get them next time.
That's the spirit~

It's pretty much what you gotta do. :3

Also, Fluggerson, if you got annoyed by it, it must have been constantly working, or else you'd be just laughing at him XD js

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If they are spamming the same move and are getting away with it, then that is your own fault. You gotta adapt when playing online. Fail to do so , and you are going to lose frequently.

Last edited:

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Spamming is annoying. It's interesting, however. I was facing this guy that kept spamming Zero Suit Samus' dash attack knee and after a match or two of that I was able to counter perfectly. So it was really easy. However, then he switched to Dark Pit, using actual solid gameplay and it was MUCH harder. In fact, qhen he switched back to ZSS I beat him with two lives left. Some don't even know that solid gameplay is much better than just using a good move over and over until your opponent learns how to counter it.
I myself like to spam a bit during matches with my friends, but only for the lulz XP
i honestly don't care if you spam in four player matches or just for fun, but if it's a 1v1 you shouldn't be spamming it. you are just showing u have no skill to beat your opponent so u have to use cheap tactics to do the job.

Also, people saying that i am letting them do it and that i'm bad for not knowing how to stop it, it's not me. Robin is slow at running, he is very slow to get back on stage and is already vulnerable by the time he gets off the ledge and back on stage. it is impossible to dodge all of their spamming when he can not do anything about it when Robin's spells get negated by their spamming and Robin's approach is terrible without his spells. it's even worse when Robin is against fast characters like little mac/sheik/zero suit samus.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Spamming the same move will just get you easily beaten by anyone competent. Really the only character I think anyone would have any success with spamming is Little Mac. His smashes are fast and strong and with the laggy matches you sometimes get I could see that being a problem. Fortunately I haven't had laggy Mac matches and I can just d-throw into knee at 70 percent for an absurdly easy KO

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
i honestly don't care if you spam in four player matches or just for fun, but if it's a 1v1 you shouldn't be spamming it. you are just showing u have no skill to beat your opponent so u have to use cheap tactics to do the job.

Also, people saying that i am letting them do it and that i'm bad for not knowing how to stop it, it's not me. Robin is slow at running, he is very slow to get back on stage and is already vulnerable by the time he gets off the ledge and back on stage. it is impossible to dodge all of their spamming when he can not do anything about it when Robin's spells get negated by their spamming and Robin's approach is terrible without his spells. it's even worse when Robin is against fast characters like little mac/sheik/zero suit samus.
I'm sure he has SOMETHING in his repertoire. I mean he's a long range fighter, he can keep Little Mac at bay. Elfire, for example, would be great to block him.

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure he has SOMETHING in his repertoire. I mean he's a long range fighter, he can keep Little Mac at bay. Elfire, for example, would be great to block him.
Too bad his dash attack is so damn fast and he can always just roll or dodge it.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Too bad his dash attack is so damn fast and he can always just roll or dodge it.
Use Elfire. He'll have to roll either back, or forward
If he rolls towards you, grab him, throw him back, and repeat process
If he rolls away, charge Thoron.

I mean, it'd likely vary on HIS skill level and your ability to do this in the heat of the moment, but I'm sure with enough practice it'd be easy.

Happy Feet

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-2541-7181
It's not like Spamming Mac jab is un-punishable like ledge camping use to be lol. If they're spamming you with a dash attack, shield and grab, if it's a link using d-air roll and punish. Hell, especially against a Lil mac just throw him up into the air and then stay under him for the rest of the game. He literally can't do anything once he's in the air. Your inability to see what you can do to work around what they can do will just make it so you will never improve.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
It's called your shield bud. Shields are very strong and even more important this time around. Robin is all about set up. You're supposed to get control of the stage and then hold it.So if he tries to dash attack you, just shield grab him and then punish his dashing with Elfire and levin-uair.

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
It's called your shield bud. Shields are very strong and even more important this time around. Robin is all about set up. You're supposed to get control of the stage and then hold it.So if he tries to dash attack you, just shield grab him and then punish his dashing with Elfire and levin-uair.
You can't shield after using El Fire, mate. I know how to shield.

Use Elfire. He'll have to roll either back, or forward
If he rolls towards you, grab him, throw him back, and repeat process
If he rolls away, charge Thoron.

I mean, it'd likely vary on HIS skill level and your ability to do this in the heat of the moment, but I'm sure with enough practice it'd be easy.
By the time I cast el fire, he'll already be running towards me.
Also, grabbing with robin is not good for me since it is so slow and very punishable.
thoron takes too long to charge and he'll be already going for me with dash attacks.

LckyAce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LckyAce
3DS FC
0533-4950-3798
To be honest with you, you have to learn to counter what the player does. I have encountered many Lil Mac players, and all they do is dash attack/spam A. (It also doesnt help that I play G&W) but I learned how to counter what they do. (Roll, and Dash, Grab :b:)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Why does everybody pick random when playing online? I'm literally the only one that stays playing one single character.
Well, I can only speak for myself, but the game is out for one day, so I am still testing most characters in order to eventually pick a main.

Beastferu

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryPhrax
3DS FC
3351-4134-0653
I faced one Mario today who didn't run to the edge of the stage and spam fireballs, and it was a pretty good match. It's so much more better as you're actually training against a realistic opponent when they aren't spamming. But it's only natural that people will do that because they care about their ratio more than anything. I stopped caring for mine when I realized that people would do anything to keep theirs high, and besides, I'm doing For Glory to practice.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
You can't shield after using El Fire, mate. I know how to shield.
I didn't say to shield after elfire. I said to shield when he dash attacks you. You use elfire when the stage is neutral. Which tends to happen after any of Robin's throws since he can't follow up on pretty much any of them. Just shield grab/b-throw and then set up. Mac's aerials are awful too, just get him into the air and use Robin's extremely good uair. As long as you dont screw up the spacing he literally has nothing that can beat that move.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
If you can't take out Little Macs just pick a character who will be able to easily gimp Mac, like Mario, and camp near the ledge.

Last edited:

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
To be honest with you, you have to learn to counter what the player does. I have encountered many Lil Mac players, and all they do is dash attack/spam A. (It also doesnt help that I play G&W) but I learned how to counter what they do. (Roll, and Dash, Grab :b:)
i'll try that i guess... thanks :)

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
palutena spammers are the worst.
best*-palutena spammer :troll:

No, but seriously, while I do get pissed by spammers, I do eventually beat them because it becomes much more obvious on what they're gong to do that I can counter their spamming easily.

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
I haven't found any spammer yet, just a MetaK who whas doing all the time side-b, and I mean ALL THE TIME, but he lose.. xD. As Dr. Mario main, I just use B when they are away waiting for me (little poke, pills hurt like a hug...) or when they are recovering. I play like a nordic, holy ****, spammers are *******. (?)

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice

**** my life.... it didn't work. i got a little mac and he spammed dash attack and i couldn't grab him once he's so ****ing fast.

Top Bottom