• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's up with players on "With Anyone"?

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Now I know they cannot come from here, because everyone here has some good experience with Brawl at least, and know what they're doing.

For the past weeks i've gone onto "Play Anyone" and gotten people that make me look like i'm a PRO! This is all I see:

Ike: "AETHER! AETHER! AETHER! AETHER! AETHER!"
[2 Sonics have joined the game! ....and the next game.....and the next...]
Samus: LETS RUN AWAY AND CHARGE MY LASER!!
(This happened with my friend just tonight using Pit): Snake: "HA! My missile is going at you!" *Pit mirror shields it, goes back at Snake* Snake: "DUURRRRRR...THERE'S A MISSILE COMING AT ME, I DUNNO WHAT TO DO..." *Gets hit by it and almost dies*

*facepalm* Please say its just me....please say its just me...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's not just you, unfortunately. The idea of the 'Specator' mode was so that the noobs would stop getting there ***** kicked, but they're apparently to dumb to realize that D=

So far, this is what I've seen. Samus, Sonic, Ike, occasionaly a Snake, and if we're lucky, some other character.

They're attracted to Sonic because ZOMG HE'S IN SMASH NAO. Ike because he has blue hair. Samus because its a girl with a tight suit. Snake because he's a spy. I'm sad... I'm apparently the only good Snake user that dares venture on With Anyone.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
My matches have been a bit more consistent but yeah there's a lot of idiots. I once saw a Sonic player sd 24 times in a single match since he couldn't get the speed under control.

The Ike players really bother me to some respect since I main Ike and seing them perform so badly reflects badly since I know when I show up on someone's screen on wifi they probably just think "****, not another crappy Ike."

Although the Ike's I see aren't Aether spamming, it's mostly usmash and fsmash they spam. To which I just back away and hit them when they're open.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
Oh, just an hour or so ago I was facing this idiot. We call him PK-Banana (Funky name, I know but there's a long story behind it) and he was playing as Lucas. He just spammed the PK-Thunder over and over and grabbed anyone who came near him and threw them.
It was really funny how on New Pork, he kept using it and pulling up his abosorby-thingy even though everyone was on the otherside of the **** stage.
I couldn't even counter his spamming by spamming my side special! (I main Pit btw)

Battling that dude pissed me off. Even worse is that he won a few times.
I screamed in joy as soon as he left.

Nao Hikari

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NaoHikari
Switch FC
SW 1055 2032 9641
you also need to consider that if someone disconnects in mid battle a CPU player will seamlessly take over their spot and continue playing, and i don't think that the take over CPU will be at a relatively high level so that could be another possibility of the "noobishness" you see with the online play against randoms

Isaac125

Smash Rookie
ive seen a lot of ikes, but the most annoying to me anyway is pikachu. hes one of my mains, so its pretty painful to watch these people butcher him. down b, rinse, repeat. down b.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
My matches have been a bit more consistent but yeah there's a lot of idiots. I once saw a Sonic player sd 24 times in a single match since he couldn't get the speed under control.
I main Sonic, so it hurts me to see all the horriffic Sonic players out there (only playing as him because "DUUUH, SONICS IN BRAWL!!1!1!one" Thank god I haven't seen that particular Sonic player you mentioned. It would hurt me to the heart [/exaggeration].

Ubezor

Smash Rookie
I hate it when noobs are playing as LUCARIO! ITS THE BLACK ORB OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!!

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I mained sonic for awhile because when he got in I wanted to main him...I got good with him and when I went on with anyone (even as Sonic) I won every match I played...I looed at all the bad sonic palyers and went to PT as a main but Sonics still my secondary.....but yes with anyone people usually are bad or n00bs. but occasionally I will get that good pl;ayer that hands my *** to me

Blue Ike

Smash Rookie
let me say this i almost never lose on anyone i just got a fc and hes awsome but when i got online and anyone i fell like im fighting com... COM but hey try me im half desint

Nordique

Smash Rookie
My two cents:

Many people are still learning the game. If you don't like it, swap Friend Codes or something so that you can play with someone on your skill level.

Raz92

Smash Rookie
every single pikachu i have seen online keep doing down b 500 times without stopping...

if theres no pikachu doing that, theres always a snake and a sonic...

im sure alot of people who ive fought are going "HOW THE F*** DID KIRBY BEAT SONIC?!"

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I've ditched With Anyone a long time ago
Nothing but Newcomers, Forward Smashers, and B move spammers

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
its practice for them to get better....I know that wouldve helped for melee (hardly played against real people)

peeup

Smash Lord
I don't usually see any crappy snakes, but every match I play has at least one n00btastic Ike/Sonic. Every freakin sonic just freakin spams there freakin 'B'...

-Knux-

Smash Ace
The only thing you can do about those who pick Ike and constantly use his smashes or Sonic and his Homing Attack is whup the crap outta them. They might notice that their moves are pointless and redundant and consider using others.

Using Kirby online is so fun. I can just tell people think "Oh, Kirby, yes! I whupped the crap outta Kirby on training. Time to smash him." Then it's pwning time for me. Kirby rawks. x]

Count Lupin

Smash Rookie
My favorite with anyone experience was i was watching a team match between a peach/zelda vrs a meta knight/diddy kong on temple. idk what was going through the diddys mind but he just kept running away and just stood around and did stupid things while his team mate had to fight a decent peach and zelda player

dontaxp

Smash Rookie
I main Snake and sub Ike.

and with the lag in With Anyone I use Ike cause normally people don't respond.

I feel bad because Ike's are now known as "spammers" or "AETHER!" and I feel bad for playing him.

I'd play Snake but the huge delay kills me D:

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
Ike does seem to be fairly common in With Anyone brawls. I remember getting in an FFA one with me fighting 3 Ikes, all of which just spammed Up-B.

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
Why are you playing "WA" Brawl? Most people on WA brawl are either testing out characters or hopped on lsd and love watching the sd flashes. go with friends if you want real competition.

ComradeSAL

Smash Journeyman
Why are you playing "WA" Brawl? Most people on WA brawl are either testing out characters or hopped on lsd and love watching the sd flashes. go with friends if you want real competition.
What he said.

Also if you don't have friends with brawl just use the friend finder on this site. Seriously, there is no reason why anyone on these forums should be playing WA.

Isaac59

Smash Rookie
Its with anyone so of coarse your going to get people who arent nearly as hardcore as you. This is a big game so with anyone your going to run across it. AT least they can't call you gay or talk about how they ***** your mother.

Nintendo it seems has given the people on this board the system it wants. Those who are hardcore will use the flash friend finder and get a challenge. Those players who are more easy going will play with their friends and anyone.

Me i'm just glad online seems to be working somewhat soomthy.

Crocuta

Smash Rookie
Most irritating part of WA is that when you do find another good player you can't 1v1

SothE700k

Smash Lord
The only thing you can do about those who pick Ike and constantly use his smashes or Sonic and his Homing Attack is whup the crap outta them. They might notice that their moves are pointless and redundant and consider using others.

Using Kirby online is so fun. I can just tell people think "Oh, Kirby, yes! I whupped the crap outta Kirby on training. Time to smash him." Then it's pwning time for me. Kirby rawks. x]
Haha Will do. I don't have to use Kirby, I already have a friend who uses him. She doesn't have a Wii so she plays it at our houses. Went online on WA and became the odd man out. It was Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, Ike, and Kirby. KIRBY WON WITH 5 KILLS.

[end response to quote]

There is something humorous that I noticed though on WA. Notice how the "odd man out" almost always wins the match? lol Goes something like this:
BOWSER!!! GANONDORF!!! IKE!!!

...Yoshi.

And Yoshi utterly destroys everyone :laugh:

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I play WA I get either an Ike that just forward smashes people when they are distracted with other people or a stupid Pikachu who used thunder the whole time. Oh well. That's kinda why I came on here so I could meet people and play them as a friend, not with just anyone. I hope I can find some friends!

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
the best part about online play is spectator mode

whats more fun then watching scrubs play, and betting coins on whos gonna win?

rofl

I don't think I've ever not won a WA match, FFA or teams. lol. I've played like 50+ matches, and never anybody good :/

The Awesome 1

Smash Rookie
I love when im in a room full of ike noobs and i be jigglypuff, it is so funny to watch them do the up b attack over and over again whill im whuppin ther @zzs

The Pimp

Smash Cadet
I've dealt with alot of noob Ikes. Kind of sad though considering i've played about 15 WA matches atleast and every single person i've come across was a spammer. I've heard there are people who spam as pit but i've only come across 1 and he just used side b lol. Eh....i need to grab a few people off here so I have some people who know what they are doing in this game.

Swyat

Smash Rookie
I got started with the with anyone mode just yesterday (havent had the game very long either), and got a pretty wide range of players. Started out with like a match with 2 sonics, pit (me) and mario to having to deal with a pretty good red game n watch player., along with a wario and bowser. Although it seemed like I could only win using charaters like.. luigi, kirby, and yoshi during the whole time. :/

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
All I see is Ike and Metaknight when I play. I once watched a team match where both teams get suiciding off Smashville. Each team had -11 in knockoffs. I think they were trying to get a pity Smashball or something. Oh and I've played about 100 online matches.

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
I consider the With Anyone a joke...so for instance, yesterday I went as CF and spammed Falcon Punch and Show Ya Moves. I was bored and watching the FP videos on youpoop wasn't helping me resist. If they actually fix it and make serious matchmaking, I'll actually try. Till then, I'm just in it for the lulz usually.

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
You guys are making me feel bad. :(

The only reason I ever go onto WA is to either:
A) Be Yoshi and egg-***** and taunt. When someone comes close, RUN AWAY! and continue to egg-***** and taunt.
B) SQUIRTLE!!! SQUIRTLE!!! Just taunt the entire match while running into the fray to get cheap kills.
C) Did i mention Yoshi egg-*****?

Seriously, you aren't going to find a good match in WA, so instead of whining, I say EMBRACE IT. Just have fun with it. Do the cheap things that you would never do in a serious 1v1 just for giggles.

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
Well, the worst thing I've seen was actually a smart idea. We were all fighting on New Pork, and some Snake user was waiting at the edge, letting us duke it out. Whenever someone would come near him on the edge, he Nikita'd them, instantly killing them, instant kill steal.

Rampage

vx
Wanna know what's funny?

I do it on purpose. lol Whenever I'm on "With anyone" I usually end up in a three/free for all and my mains aren't exactly strong in the area; So I use strong characters like ike haha AETHER

XxSoilxX

Smash Rookie
WA is a joke. most of the people playing have HORRIBLE connections (including me) and couldn't play seriously even if they wanted to. with the random lag and sometimes constant lag it is almost impossible to time anything right and I believe this is the reason for all of the ****ty ike/link/bowser/sonics. Easy kills are pretty much the only thing people can get off.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
LOL this thread is great. I played a with anyone teams match last night, and the Pikachu player on the other team spammed down b to high heaven. No, seriously, that was the ONLY move. SERIOUSLY. FOR 2 MINUTES, NOTHING BUT THAT...

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
but occasionally I will get that good pl;ayer that hands my *** to me
I actually like losing to those guys, it gives me hope for the With Anyone option :) But so far I have never been beat bad enough to truly respect them.

Top Bottom