• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's up with people saying that TP Ganon is overweight compared to OoT's?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I have a gripe with people saying this about Twilight Dorf. He is neither fat nor overweight, he is simply wearing more armor and baggier clothes.

See?

Unlike Ocarina Dorf who wears more skin-tight clothing

Kind of like how SS Link has baggier pants than his TP counterpart.

In Twilight Princess, Ganon is older for sure but I'm certain that under that armor and clothing he is still well toned.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Not just TP Ganondorf, people like to make fun of his Wind Waker physique, but he's actually fit under those robes. His body shape matches up with the rest of the game's cast of brawny characters. And he's apparently even armored under there, if the concept art means anything.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Never really noticed just how different the two designs are. So after the events of Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf got a nose job and the world's worst tan.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Never really noticed just how different the two designs are. So after the events of Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf got a nose job and the world's worst tan.
You get what you can when you spend a lifetime trapped in the Twilight Realm under a faint light.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Actually, his torso isn't that long.
Look where his knee is and where his legs start
http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/secret07/screen-6.jpg
Oh, I wasn't claiming it was abnormally long or anything like that, just that the ratio to the legs was different than before, in a way I personally don't like. Basically, OoT Ganondorf looks like he can run fast and hit hard, whereas TP Ganondorf looks like he'd struggle a bit with doing that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have a gripe with people saying this about Twilight Dorf. He is neither fat nor overweight, he is simply wearing more armor and baggier clothes.

See?

Unlike Ocarina Dorf who wears more skin-tight clothing

Kind of like how SS Link has baggier pants than his TP counterpart.

In Twilight Princess, Ganon is older for sure but I'm certain that under that armor and clothing he is still well toned.
I don't really get it either. TP Ganon doesn't seem fat. But he's wearing baggier pants and more armor. So I'm guessing that gives off the illusion that he's heavier than he really is. On top of that, Orcarina's Ganon is a little less realistic and more stylized, so the muscles are pronounced in a cartoon-ish way.

I think the same could be said for the Wind Waker design. People think that's he's fatter, but his design does match up with the other buffer characters in that game.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Dat TP jawline doe.

How can one man be so based

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
It's mostly due to the way he's animated in smash bros. In TP he didn't seem as bad but in smash bros the way he's animated is just... very clunky. Particularly with how his limbs seem very stiff and rigid which emphasizes his bulky torso more.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
It's mostly due to the way he's animated in smash bros. In TP he didn't seem as bad but in smash bros the way he's animated is just... very clunky. Particularly with how his limbs seem very stiff and rigid which emphasizes his bulky torso more.
I don't think this is only about his Smash appearances though. Ignoring the animations, I'd argue that his proportions are better now.

Last edited:

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
He must be super ripped. If I had to wear all that armor, I'd probably struggle to walk. No way I'd be laying the smackdown on fools with dark-magick-infused martial arts.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^yeah, and traditionally that kind of armour was actually designed to be light and flexible enough to still be able to move reasonably fast. which makes sense since speed often equals power in the field of battle.(this is also very literally the case in terms of strikes where power comes mostly from the momentum the sword has behind it)

Top Bottom