• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats up with all the input delay?

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
When i play the wii U version online in FG 1v1 is 90% input delay filled matches and 10% crystal clear matches, been doing this for two weeks now.

When i play the 3DS version the online is completely fine and works as it always has.

Is my wii U broken or something?.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
That's fairly normal in my experience while playing the Wii U version.

My advice to you is, when you find someone with the least amount of input lag.... STICK WITH THEM! :D

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
I don't have a WiiU, but from what I hear, there's input lag a lot of the time. Same with the 3ds.

You wizard. I have a 3ds, and still get input lag in about half my matches.

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
What i don't understand is that it was fine, no lag other than the occasional lagger, now it's 4 out of 5 matches have mad input delay, why would it start all of a sudden for me?

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
What i don't understand is that it was fine, no lag other than the occasional lagger, now it's 4 out of 5 matches have mad input delay, why would it start all of a sudden for me?
I'll have days where I will have consistent lagless matches, and other days where I will maybe have 1 or 2 matches without lag. I think your experiencing is quite normal to others.

Also, I have read on the forums that some people have been reported so often Nintendo has some how "Pooled" them together with other players who have been reported. This would mean you are grouped up to play against players who were reported for being "LAGGERS." Not that I am saying your behaviour online is report worthy and your a toxic player, but it wouldn't surprise me that innocent players will get reported because of salty opponents and then all of a sudden run into laggy players over and over and over again.

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
I'll have days where I will have consistent lagless matches, and other days where I will maybe have 1 or 2 matches without lag. I think your experiencing is quite normal to others.

Also, I have read on the forums that some people have been reported so often Nintendo has some how "Pooled" them together with other players who have been reported. This would mean you are grouped up to play against players who were reported for being "LAGGERS." Not that I am saying your behaviour online is report worthy and your a toxic player, but it wouldn't surprise me that innocent players will get reported because of salty opponents and then all of a sudden run into laggy players over and over and over again.
Will i eventually get out of that pool? or am i doomed to play in lag city forever?

I've also noticed that the people that don't lag are usually very good players and a few that are very bad.

I don't have a WiiU, but from what I hear, there's input lag a lot of the time. Same with the 3ds.

You wizard. I have a 3ds, and still get input lag in about half my matches.
In the 3DS i sometimes get this lag where the screen freezes a lot, rarely input delay though.

Last edited:

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
I also get far less input lag on my 3DS than my Wii U. its like 1 out of 4 games have lots of input lag on the 3ds, while 2 out of 3 times i have bad input lag on the wii u.

3DS however has much worse game speed than the wii u.

nedskii-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nedskii
Switch FC
6236-0030-3158
Imagine how incredible this game would be if we could play with no lag

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Imagine how incredible this game would be if we could play with no lag
It would be amazing!!

On side note, it would be amazing to be able to see other players PING value. That way you can avoid people who have a higher PING and kinda filter out "Laggers".

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
When i play the wii U version online in FG 1v1 is 90% input delay filled matches and 10% crystal clear matches, been doing this for two weeks now.

When i play the 3DS version the online is completely fine and works as it always has.

Is my wii U broken or something?.
How's your display lag?

Also, go wired if at all possible. It's not a life saver, but it's more consistent for me.

Top Bottom