• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHATS UP SMASH BOARDS

eNSync

Smash Rookie
NNID
eNSync
Hello guys!!! my name is eNSync and i recently just got into playing Smash Bros competitively. Ive been playing the game since 64 came out but never really looked into competitive scene till recently when my friend introduced me to it. Ive only been playing against my friends when they come over to my place and CPUs. Im not that great at the game but i enjoy playing competitively. You guys can add me if you want on Wii U

I hope you guys can help me become a greater smash player and in return i hope i help you guys become better aswell.

See you guys out there

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to Smashboards !

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Brawl
Project M
3DS
WiiU

Also check out the respective character boards for your mains and you'll be sure to find really helpful tips on those characters.
Smash 4
Project M
Brawl
Melee

Character guides can be found here.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Props: Made by @KMZ || WolfieXVII, @Trieste SP and @ Cyn Cyn

Gladdy07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gladdy07
3DS FC
3050-7717-2368
Welcome to Smashboards! if you're bored i'll be ready anytime to reply to your message.

addtext_com_MTg1OTA1MzQ3NTIz.jpg

Corginado

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corginado
I could personally offer you a whole bunch of advice if you'd like, as a fellow Ness main! There's plenty of resources for you to grow here so you've chosen a sweet community. Funny enough, I'm actually working on a Competitive Guide now that you mention wanting to improve. Soon going to make a beginners guide into Smash 4 also if you're interested.

Best thing you can do for yourself is:
Find the right people to practice the right things with. And then condition yourself to play in the right environments.

Here's one of the "right people" for a Ness main like yourself. His name is Nakat, he's the 3rd ranked Sm4sh competitive player right now on smashboards. His Ness is godly and he made a guide about it!
Ness Guide by LoF Nakat

some "right things" are character mastery and mechanics that would land you first, such as learning core fundementals or specific mechanics! Smash Theory: Zoning and Smash theory: The Neutral good core fundementals!

Perfect Pivoting and 5 Tips n' Tricks For the Smash Newcomer are two nice guide on mechanics to add to your gameplay!

The "right environments" are places where you can reach people who consistently win tourneys or place highly in tourneys. Heck, even people who have a competitive mindset would be really stellar, but primarily you want to play with people who dominate you. If you want to become a god, befriend the gods.

I'll link you to the guide when I finish editing it so you can tell me what you think!
Take care, yung Akuma!

P.S. here's the post I made earlier, soon to be a topic titled "How To Reach Competitive-Level Play Quickly". Still working on condensing it and making it into a topic. I wouldnt worry about it too much right now, and would instead focus on the second post about resources that are invaluable as a competitive player!

Last edited:
Top Bottom