• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the verdict on Luigi?

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
My friend mains Luigi and we're both wondering what buffs and nerfs he has. I haven't heard much about Luigi, so can someone enlighten me?
Based on my perception of videos:

Buffs:

Recovery
Running Speed
Flaming Shoryuken
Taunts

Nerfs:

No wavedash

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
holy **** at his recovery

god luigi is gonna pwn now

luigi and pokemon trainer baby

Sontrowa

Smash Rookie
Luigi was the recovery king in melee. Now he is a god. Also, I think you can aim his Forward B up or down now.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I played him a lot yesterday, and I won more matches with him than any other character. But that probably has to do with how 1) all of us playing were completely new to Brawl and 2) he's so much like his Melee counterpart, which I used a lot.

Random observations:
- His sex kick is just as high priority and powerful as it was in Melee. With how fast/high he jumps, he can combo with it on a variety of characters, and it's a great KO move because killing off the top is MUCH easier than off the side.
- His back air seems to have more range, and the initial kick has a lot of power.
- His uair seems easier to juggle with (not exactly "combo" because they can shake out, it's just hard to avoid coming down)
- His upB out of shield is amazing, and works on most dash attacks.
- The chop (fair) is weakened some. So is his dair.
- His dash attack is actually usable, because the last hit sends them away.
- Utilt combos nicely at low %s
- Upsmash has a huge hitbox, even bigger than Melee's. It also works out of shield if they land behind you.
- Fireballs come out really fast, and are great for distance pressure. They also make a really cool shotgun sound when they come out XD.
- Misfires aren't as powerful.
- DownB slides really far still, so it's a decent fast approach. Just don't expect to combo out of it. It's also really easy to get height with it in the air.

|-|3ll0-]{!RbY

Smash Rookie
I'm really happy about the dash attack not being useless anymore, but lack of wavedash will make Luigi feel really slow.

To be honest, I only used wavedash with Luigi, but mainly to cover big distances...

Goth Luigi

Smash Rookie
His Final Smash is cool... But I don't want to forget about his normal melee and special moves.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
He definitely looks improved. I will look forward to having fun using him.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
I will look forward to having fun using him.
Try to sound a little tougher man! This here's the internet!

Here we're so cool we say things like "I look forward to pwning jur chumpasses, chumps!"

man, we really need an animated gif of Luigi's cool taunt as well as his FS

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
dam, i wanna play with this new luigi and prove it, lets see what happens.. of coruse is a lot different without WD but well, maybe isnt that bad, and witha ll those buffs, lets see

Top Bottom