• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the quickest way to unlock characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdygamer

Smash Cadet
I know that when you get the game, it starts out with 8 characters. Doo what's the quickest way to get them all?

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
From what I've heard: play a match, fight a challenger, quit the game, start it again, play another match, etc.

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
1v1 match, 1 stock, level 1 AI

beat it, get "challenger approaching", beat that and unlock the character

exit out to Switch menu, completely close/exit Smash, re-open it

repeat

Every time you close Smash (not just quit to the menu) and then re-launch it, your first match will result in Challenger Approaching

MugZmu

Smash Rookie
Theres a play mode that just lets you unlock characters, cant quite remember what it's called. But to get to it, on the main menu click the upper right button, as if you're going to training. On the bottom right of that page should be a small unlabeled button that will let you fight and unlock new characters.

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
I can recommend the world of light mode if you play it alone. But if you need them fast get a friend and use the 1 match restart method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom