• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the purpose of desync since wavedashing is gone--other than blizzard and ice

ADHD

Smash Hero
You can't move with the hammers like in melee right? So what is the purpose except in tiny combos?

Binx

Smash Master
Desynching in melee was primarily used during grab combos almost exclusively, there were a few players who used it to trick people into getting grabbed by popo, wobbles made the best use of this from what I saw, players like Chu Dat and myself rarely desynch at all except in chain grabs.

The lack of wavedash really hurt their ground mobility and their ability to retaliate when they shielded attacks. Example would be if Marth forward smashed in melee and didn't tipper you could grab no matter what, in brawl if you block marths fsmash you can't really do anything afterwards from what I've seen, but obviously the game is new and we don't know all the nuances of spacing even if the most seem similar.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
Ever tried a 1v2 with a couple of your friends, its difficult. Desyncing in Brawl is pretty confusing for the other person. The mindgames you can pull from mastering desyncing are ridiculous.
Though its hard to get to that caliber. I dont use it very often myself unless i know i need to but i have seen a couple players who like to stay desynced nearly all the time and its very irritating for your opponent.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
I'm one of those players who stay desynched for a large proportion of the match. It really helps the IC's camping, and approach. You can make many setups that lead into grabs or combos. Just because wavedashing is gone doesn't somehow make desynching useless.

Shinku

Smash Champion
desyncing is so **** goood, cuz you can mix it up into a freeze into a nana forward b tornado, then run at then into a charged upsmash with popo. besides chain grabbing and other grab stuff with the ic's, desync is a must to **** with popo and nana

Top Bottom