• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the optimal way of button mashing?

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
I'm sorry if this question already exists somewere else, I tried google searching it and only came up with an anwswer in the brawl forums.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Step 1: Play Lucario
|
Step 2: Roll face on controller
|
Did you win? No? Continue to Step 3.
|
Step 3: Throw controller against wall
|
Did you win? If not, repeat Step 2 and 3 until results change.
|
Still not winning? Break your Brawl disk and SD card in half, burn your Wii, download League of Legends, buy Garen, and learn how to button mash the real way.

On a more serious note, are you actually trying to learn how to button mash well? Cuz I'm pretty sure there isn't a correct way to button mash...

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Step 1: Play Lucario
|
Step 2: Roll face on controller
|
Did you win? No? Continue to Step 3.
|
Step 3: Throw controller against wall
|
Did you win? If not, repeat Step 2 and 3 until results change.
|
Still not winning? Break your Brawl disk and SD card in half, burn your Wii, download League of Legends, buy Garen, and learn how to button mash the real way.

On a more serious note, are you actually trying to learn how to button mash well? Cuz I'm pretty sure there isn't a correct way to button mash...
Dont download League though its actually a virus.

Play Skullgirls or something instead

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
Usually spinning the left analog gets me out exactly after two pummels but when I add button mashing I get out sometimes before the first pummel.

What you can do is literally stretch out your thumb and try to hit as many face buttons as you can rapidly while pressing the triggers.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I remember reading somewhere that holding the C-stick for DI and spinning the control stick gives you 3 inputs for each direction input the control stick spin registers. 1 direction from the control stick, and 1 direction and 1 attack from the C-stick. Heard this from a friend during my scrub days, but I've never verified if it's true lol.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I remember reading somewhere that holding the C-stick for DI and spinning the control stick gives you 3 inputs for each direction input the control stick spin registers. 1 direction from the control stick, and 1 direction and 1 attack from the C-stick. Heard this from a friend during my scrub days, but I've never verified if it's true lol.
Not quite. You have to tap the cstick and let it reset to neutral for each new input on it. Each time you do, it overrides the control stick input for a frame and then the control stick takes priority again, giving different directional inputs for each of those frames

Top Bottom