• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the name of your dog?

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
Since we have a thread devoted to the name of the duck, isn't it only fair we name the dog as well? "Duck Hunt" it kind of a boring name for a dog.

My dog in minecraft was named "****titMc****erdick" but honestly, I think I'd rather call him...

Indiana Bones.

Dammit, now I'm changing my Duck's name to Mallard Filmore.

What are your names for the doggy?

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Back when I switched between dog and duck names on For Glory with the use of name tags, I always started with SCOOBYDOO. So Scooby Doo, I guess?

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
You should name your duck Shaggy, then.
All the dog names I have include SCOOBYDOO, SNOOPY, COURAGE, MUTTLEY, LASSIE, NAGA, DEXDOGTECT (reference to the awful animated movie Foodfight, full name is Dex Dogtective), MR.PEABODY and probably some others I am forgetting since it has been such a long time since I have been using these tags.

Once I got someone to name the female Robin "VELMA" in reaction to my SCOOBYDOO in a For Glory Team Battle.

My duck names include, SCROOGE, DUCKTECTIVE (or however I shortened it, reference to Gravity Falls), LAUNCHPAD, DONALDDUCK, DAISYDUCK, PLUCKY and probably some others I am forgetting.

I change Duck Hunt's colors to whatever is closest to the dog or duck name I am using.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
I don't know a name, but I keep yelling "p-p-p-puppy... poowwwwaaaah" every time I read someone's move/landing in advance knowing full well it's going to lead into a nice forward smash A and thus KO.

Yes, he is annoying (it's why I say it). And no, I'm not using the name scrappy. I don't want to name either after a TV show character or a pun, because both seem cruel.

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
I don't know a name, but I keep yelling "p-p-p-puppy... poowwwwaaaah" every time I read someone's move/landing in advance knowing full well it's going to lead into a nice forward smash A and thus KO.

Yes, he is annoying (it's why I say it). And no, I'm not using the name scrappy. I don't want to name either after a TV show character or a pun, because both seem cruel.
But...indiana Bones...

Yeah, as experts of trolling, I understand yelling "Puppy power" at all times. It's simple and effective.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
But...indiana Bones...
A TV show and a pun... 'Hello, is that animal abuse services...?'

If we're doing George Lucas films... Star Paws: The Empire Strokes Cats

Revenge of the Hiss? The Plankton Menace? Episode IV: A new croak?

Okay, I'll stop now.

Edit:
Owner: *pretends to throw ball*
Dog (skeptically looking at owner): Your jedi mind tricks do not work on me!

Last edited:

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
Now I feel like this should devolve into a pun post about dogs. I mean, anything Pawsible, right?

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
My dog's name will be Mr Kibbles (if he could wear a fedora, bonus points). I have no idea why that name.

As for those puns, I'm going to have to ask you to paws for thought, because it might get a bit ruff, especially if you start telling a tall tail and things get a little hairy. Who nose? Might be better to take a walk and leave 'ear.

Star Pet: the next generation, of puppies.

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
What if Duck Hunt was real? What if he just wanted to give you hugs and kisses and explosive cans?

eagle_master

Smash Cadet
NNID
roustik
3DS FC
2852-7293-3760
I would do what I always wanted to do to him since Duck Hunt .... Make him lost to the game xD

Last edited:

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
lilinuyasha lilinuyasha We'll need puns. Lots of puns.

I wouldn't recommend he give me explosive cans. Nintendo's logic is it can't explode on the opponent and must immediately rebound back into DHD's face. I'm sure that constitutes animal cruelty. Hello, animal abuse helpline? Yeah it's me again...

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
lilinuyasha lilinuyasha Nintendo's logic is abuse in general. Wario has a fart move? Can't say fart in Miiverse. Scantily clad Zero Suit Samus? Sure, just don't draw a hairy butt on Miiverse. Nerfed character is nerfed? Here's some more nerfs. We'll make you extremely angry but don't cuss.

@!?#!

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Well seeing as my colours are the dusty outback kind, I'm inclined to go fer some kind of southern texan-style name, liiiiike...
Clement.

Clement & Fuzzy. Yes.

Last edited:

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
Well seeing as my colours are the dusty outback kind, I'm inclined to go fer some kind of southern texan-style name, liiiiike...
Clement.

Clement & Fuzzy. Yes.
I live in southern Texas and that is offensive. You should name them something MORE Texan, like Thadius and Reginald...

Or Carl and Edmond.

Or Trey and Preston, my names.

AzulWolfSmash

Smash Rookie
NNID
SkyOkamiWolf
Well i got my Duck Hunt Amiibo when it came out. I named him Akamaru which is Kiba's dog from the anime/manga Naruto. (I do NOT own the picture)

Last edited:

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
I named mine Rollo, on account of the chocolate and the name of my first Nintendog. It never listened to me :T

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
Yeah, Shibe Doge just stands at middle stage saying "Such fight. Many smash. Much brothers. So win. wow."

Top Bottom