• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the most ridiculous circumstance in which you've won/lost a match?

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792

I just shouldn't have won this match. I was playing as Lucina and not only did he spike me near the start of the match, he had a crazy head start on me during my second stock. I just had to buckle down and try my best to win. Thankfully he made some mistakes that led to my win.

Last edited:

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
I was in semifinals for a tournament the other day, and had switched to Greninja on the deciding match. We were both down to 1 stock and I was at a pretty high percent (140 I think), and my opponent (Toon Link) was maybe around 50-60%. At a clutch moment, I grabbed Toon Link and tossed him upwards, and since he's pretty floaty he went pretty high. I think he made the mistake of going for a bomb or doing a jump, which gave me enough time to do the double jump and go for the Hydro Pump gimp, which worked. It was an unexpected turn of events, that I was lucky enough to pull off.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Warning Received
Getting my tail kicked and the player losing by SD. lol. Happened by a Ganondorf when the game first started. I was playing ZSS (not my main) and was losing bad, and then he SDed. lol. He left before we could rematch.

I was in semifinals for a tournament the other day, and had switched to Greninja on the deciding match. We were both down to 1 stock and I was at a pretty high percent (140 I think), and my opponent (Toon Link) was maybe around 50-60%. At a clutch moment, I grabbed Toon Link and tossed him upwards, and since he's pretty floaty he went pretty high. I think he made the mistake of going for a bomb or doing a jump, which gave me enough time to do the double jump and go for the Hydro Pump gimp, which worked. It was an unexpected turn of events, that I was lucky enough to pull off.
No offense to your post, but that sounds just like an epic win and a good match! I wouldn't consider that a ridiculous circumstance. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
I was fighting a jigglypuff once, last stock situation, really high percents and they got a shield break. Except I was so close to the edge when I came down from the shield break I ledge cancelled (I assume) and was able to recover / win the match. It looked pretty confusing.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
In recent memory, the most riducluous circumstance I've had was definitely a victory against a Falco player on for Glory.

I was playing Dedede and he spiked me too low to recover. When I used my up B I didn't make it to the ledge but I ended up hitting him with it and KOing him with the spike before I hit the blast zone myself.

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
Playing a Jigglypuff as Shulk, where he Fairs me all the way to the blast line, when suddenly the guy uses rest for no apparent reason and slowly sleeps to his doom while I do an air slash and get put into freefall right above him. I win since he hits the blast line first

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Twice, I shot my laser, connecting with an explosive box, blowing everyone up. They were on their last stock, so I won both times.

Another ridiculous circumstance was that I was two-stocked several times by a Yoshi on FG. On the last match. I effortlessly two stocked him, feeling that he let me win. Nope. For some reason, the game replaced him with a CPU player.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I remember a match where I was Rob and this Captain Falcon player was trying to recovery back (he was already too far to make it but he made a valiant effort) so I jumped then sniped him with my gyromite knocking him further into the bottom corner of no return. Both of us were all hyped from the shot lol

Last edited:

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
And also another time I played Shulk against Captain Falcon, who spiked me downwards off the stage and then grabbed onto the ledge. I was beyond recovery, but the last hit of my air slash sent him flying diagonally, due to his uninvincibility after holding the ledge too long thinking he had won. He tried to recover but fell just slightly faster than me, so I won the battle

Dr_TimWhatley

Smash Rookie
Captain Olimar had me down 2 lives. I was Wario and decided to only use the motorcycle from there and maybe a fart. KO with a fart twice in a row. Then a throw off stage. Yay!

Xanj

Smash Rookie
For glory, I played against a Kirby on FD and tried to gimp him with hydropump - but I failed, and would've shot me a right under the Ledge in a horizontal line. He up-b'd, hit me, and somehow, through both the push of the blade and the pump I managed to glide up along the underside & fall in a halfcircle around the ledge onto the stage, while he got dislodged and lost. .... I was amazed, and confused.

Another ridiclous win was againt a little Mac Player (or multiple, really, it happens more often on FG than you'd think. Greninja, btw) He charged at me, did a side-b, and I did a down-taunt. That's it, I didn't even have to attack properly. The taunt somehow pushed him enough to not land, fly over the edge, and lose a stock right at the start. Afterwards, he just SD'd.

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
I once won against a Peach player who was clearly better than me, because he accidentally parasol'd in the wrong direction.

Top Bottom