• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the longest you've ever stayed up?

inferno

EnFuego
BRoomer
Around 50 hours. I wanted to sleep but I had to do other stuff.

Masenko

Smash Ace
Just about a week. I was trying to stay up longer, but I decided to just rest my head for a sec and :sleep: right away. Bummer..

Syeekoh

Smash Cadet
:crazy:

How do you stay up so long? caffeine? sheer willpower?

Personally, I hate falling asleep, so i'm trying to stay up as long as i can using they DayQuill approach;)

Bly

Smash Apprentice
100000000000000.0000000000001 Mila seconds muhaaaaaaaa J/K I think i've stayed up is about 40 hours.

Masenko

Smash Ace
Willpower, normally cuz I have to. Sometimes though, I just can't goto sleep. I layed in bed for like 6 hours last night not being able to goto sleep. I would almost drift off, but then I would think of something and get nervous (today's swim divisionals) or get an adrenaline rush (today's swim divisionals) or start laughing (thinking about Goldmember) or something that would just keep me from just relaxing.

God

C.I.D. Agent
BRoomer
"who needs sleep" -bare naked ladies

Ah...I don't sleep to well.

During the school year, I average about 3 hours of sleep per
night.

Recently, my sleeping habits have been sporatic at best.

I usually head to bed between 2 and 4 AM.

About once every week or two don't sleep at all. That's
pretty rough.

I dunno what the longest interval has been, but I rarely get any
good sleep.

Syeekoh

Smash Cadet
hmmm...

yeah, it's usually willpower for me, too. my parents have beeen trying lots of sleep related drugs like sominex and melatonin on me, but they just don't work:confused:

but this time i'm trying to stay up as long as I possibly can, so, i'm using artificial means(bright lights, caffeine, sugar, dayquill, anything that would keep me up). This'll be my first attempt since last summer where i only lasted 26 hours.

god****it...why do i have to be 15...:mad:

Dark Magician

Smash Apprentice
Longest I've stayed up was bout 5 days. Man I am soo tired. I think I'll just.... huh huh what. Oh, yea bout 5 days.

Radius-86

Smash Ace
You know, Majora's Mask is a great game. Link is a hero. He has to stay awake for 72 hours, or the world dies. Guess what? I did just that. 72 hours is my max. Then after fantasizing that I beat Majora's Mask in a duel, I slept.

MetaKnightZero

Smash Apprentice
Im not a stay awake person, I've only been awake for like, what... 20 hours max? lol... who knows, butttttttttt Sleep? well thts different! >=D

annoying jammez

Donut
BRoomer
I can tell you a story of how a nice bed ruined my life!

The longest I have ever stayed up was 51 hours. I felt high the entire time.

One time though, while camping, I stayed up for a day. Then I went asleep at 6:00am along with 5 other people. When I woke up I ate breakfast and went right back to sleep. I woke up to take down the tents and help with clean up for about 10 minutes and went to sleep fo another 20 minutes. I woke up fr 20 seconds to go to the car. I fell asleep for a 1 hour drive. When we came to my Grandma's house, I stayed up for about 30 minutes until being bored of playing cards. I went to sleep til everyone came at 5:00. I ate some dinner and went to play video games with my cousins for about an hour until we were watching TV. I fell asleep til 8:00. I woke up and got in a car to go home and stayed up the whole ride. Then I went home to watch TV and fell asleep til 10:30am.

The day before on the camping trip we were doing stuff with bonfires and making some smoke come out of sticks and inhaling it. We were gathering sticks, twigs, logs and cut down parts of trees for firewood. We had a fire that lasted about 10 hours. We were swimming the whole day and catching crabs and eating them. We had to cook our own food. We also had to stay up because when the 3 girls went to sleep, we put candy liquid stuff on 'em, put whipped cream on their face (the ole beard and moustache gag), and we covered the last one with pillows, blankets and sand so tight that she couldnt get out when she woke up.

I feel tired about talking about this...

Canis lupus

Fab Dandy
BRoomer
72 hours with four hours of sleep -- as a writer for the school publications, I was required to see through the April Fools Issue's completion. The issue was a 50-page satire magazine which the staff is forced to coalesce in the matter of days. I usually need at least 7 hours to function properly, but at 4:30 AM that day I was writing supposedly "witty" feature articles (yes, in that tortured, humorless room) and drawing some crummy illustartions and correcting stupid grammatical errors. The next day happened to be sports day, and the day after that, a major test day.

Bah... I can't sustain long without much sleep, so that's my (painful) personal record.

SKAT

Smash Apprentice
hmm, well I only pulled two all nighters, but the longest I stayed up was about 36-38 hours. yeah, pretty puny, but I'm ony 13 years old

Shamboo

Smash Lord
Only 2 days and a few hours. The first was willpower and caffiene, then the next was just willpower. I like to sleep. But I like staying up in the middle of the night TOO!

Masenko

Smash Ace
Gonna get off of the 666 postage.. heh

During the school year, I'm up until 3 or later normally. If I stay up until 5 or later, I'll just stay awake. Sometimes, I do choose to sleep in.. but when I am smart enough to go to class, I'll get up around 7. Today was the first day I slept in for at least a month thanks to swimming. Summer, average of 5 hours of sleep a night.

Cerebrate

Smash Lord
The longest I've stayed awake was probably just 24 hours. It's not that I couldn't stay awake longer, but that I didn't want to. Staying up for a long time is definitely not healthy. Much of the stress we experience comes from a lack of sleep, I believe.

But enough of that. Here's an interesting historical fact: Napoleon Bonaparte once believed that sleep was just a bad habit that wasted time, and he tried to prove it by (what else?) staying awake. But he didn't last for more than two nights, and he needed several extra days to recover.

The moral of that little story: If you're trying to militarily dominate Europe, be sure to catch some Zs.

Peachy

Smash Journeyman
you guys are all crazy staying up late that long me I sleep
all the time in fact I think I'll take a nap right now.:sleep: :sleep:

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
When we were coming back from Germany on 1/1/00, we got up at 6:00 in the morning (12:00 EST) to see the ball drop over Times Square and then race to catch our flight in Frankfurt. So, we got on the plane and flew the 14 hours against the Jet Stream to Philly. Ironic that we landed in the only airport in the nation affected by the Y2K bug.....

Flights got cancelled left and right, even our flight home. So, we flew to Charlotte to get a connecting flight. We were stuck in Philly for 2 hours, then a 2 hour flight to Charlotte. We got stuck there for 3 hours, then the 1 hour fligth back home. It took us another hour to drive home where I promptly fell asleep, at about 12:30.

So, about 24.5 hrs. in total.

Syeekoh

Smash Cadet
bad news for me...

my mom kicked me off the computer and hogged it 3 hours into the night , so i fell asleep at 36 hours.:(

i'm starting the clock again now

Mario27

Smash Lord
only about 35 hours i know its not long but for a guy who sleeps a lot its really hard to stay up that long.:sleep:

Syeekoh

Smash Cadet
It's just not FUN to be asleep.

Sometimes you get a good dream, sometimes you get a nightmare, and when you wake up, you feel like **** and can't get out of bed for a half an hour.

Plus, all the good stuff starts at midnight;)

Fyre Ball

BRoomer
BRoomer
I sleep very well. The longest I've stayed has been 20 hours...perhaps. I doubt even that long. I'm not one to stay up. I've never pulled an all nighter, and don't plan on it.

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've stayed up all night before, and that was my only time too. Actually, it started on Friday night, and on Saturday morning I go to this skating session, and then stay for the next also, and all that goes till atleast 3:30 or 4:00 PM. After that my mom took us to Rite-Aid to get some developed pictures. I was nearly wide awake, but I was tired, you know? Then later, before I hit the second day (I guess I stayed up for a day and a half), I fell asleep. I just wanted sleep.... zzzzzzzZZZZzZZzzz.

It was fun when the night finally passed. I gotta do that again!

Yavarice

Dreadnought
BRoomer
I fall asleep way too easily to sustain any record, even this time pulling an all-nighter to finish off a design project. A friend would do the rough transfer for each part in our contraption onto AutoCAD, ICQ the file to me, and I was reponsible for dimensioning and making fine adjustments and other corrections. I would then pass the file onto the next person for more processing.

Basically the process took 7 hours, in between parts I took 5-10 minute naps on my desk and be awakened by the "INCOMING FILE TRANSFER" announcements.

Then there was my trip to HK last summer, a nice... many many hour flight that took me to the other side of this planet. I remembered the horrors of jet lag on trips when I was younger, so this time on the day of my flight I set my watch to HK local time. I stayed up all during the flight, (complete with tenured flight attendents, synthetic food, and a projection TV with its red gun nonfunctional. I did have a clancy novel so that helped mucho) and arrived running on 25 hours, to 9:00pm local. Collapsed into a bed, and awoke at 10am fully adjusted. Works better than any drug.

Anywhoo sleep deprivation only serves to lower your brain functions... That why you people like to stay up on pupose?

Top Bottom