• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep?

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't find something like this in the first four pages of the Pool Room, sooo...
hopefully i'm not blind

I'm generally curious because I just pulled an all-nighter practicing Melee techskill. lmao

Anyways, the longest I've been without sleep is a full 24 hours and counting. I'll edit my time after I crash and burn later today or tomorrow.

I'm slowly crashing. I'm gonna go ahead and say 44-45 hours for me.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
42 hours - Playing counter-strike source almost continuously on the first and second day of summer break when I was 16.

38 hours - Studying a full day and half for finals plus trying to finish Senior design project (I was in one of those groups where I ended up doing all the work)

32 hours - Getting Fallout 3 on a weekend. That weekend was gone. Slept 14 hours woke up and back to classes.

For me I can stay up for 24 hours no problem, but once I reach the 30+ hour mark I starting showing severe signs of sleep deprivation. Delirium, hallucinations, weakness....

I now sleep twice a day and have been for the past 5 years (4 hours and ~1.5 hours), it's so much better and I never have to set alarm clocks. Having to stay awake a whole 16 hours and sleeping 8 to be interrupted by an alarm isn't ideal or natural for Humans IMO.

D

Deleted member

30 hours, since I had to prove to my sister I could go one night without sleeping

It wasn't worth it

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
26 hours. Pulled an all-nighter for schoolwork.

Dropped hard when I went to bed....never again.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Somewhere in the 40-hour range. PW:AA is a fun game. Amusement parks are fun too.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Around 26 hours when i was younger. Maybe around tbe ages of 12-16.
Now i can barely reach 16 hours.

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Warning Received
One week.
Not kidding.
ONE ENTIRE WEEK.
In fact, I was nearly sent to the hospital because of my obsession with Smash 4. This happened three months ago.
Thankfully, I'm not doing that again.
I would at most, stay awake for one day.

But I can stay awake for at least 36 hours at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimiono

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kimiono_SSB
One week.
Not kidding.
ONE ENTIRE WEEK.
In fact, I was nearly sent to the hospital because of my obsession with Smash 4. This happened three months ago.
Thankfully, I'm not doing that again.
I would at most, stay awake for one day.

But I can stay awake for at least 36 hours at a time.
Bro Wtf your OP plz nerv I would totally do that 2

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
40 hours. Had an all-night gaming session with friends. Ironically, I'm usually the one that crashes first, but this time I was the only one that stayed up all night due to my determination to beat Resident Evil 4. Didn't even feel tired in the morning.

D

Deleted member

20 hours. I always try to sleep no matter what happens, so yeah. As for the cause, hmm.. perhaps it's the typical insomnia stuff? Don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
2 days.
i do all-nighters all the time.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
36 hours after a night where I didn't got sleep because chatting with BF.

PalmTrees

Smash Rookie
48 hours, It was during Navy boot camp (They don't during the first 48 hours you are there)

Top Bottom