• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS What's the first thing you'll do once you get Smash for 3DS?

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Probably Training or some quick Smashes for me to test out my old mains and get a feel for Mega, Pac, Rosalina etc and whoever else catches my interest assuming they're unlocked. Then story mode as the one I'm most hyped to play as. (Spoiler: Mega Man. I'm pretty damn sure it'll be Mega Man.)

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
Play online until the end of time...

Of course I will have to wait until the game comes out on Wii U to do so. NONETHELESS!!
You don't have a 3DS? Because that's what this thread is about, the 3DS version of Smash.

And am I the only one hyped to play online right away?!

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Jumping straight into fighting CPUs as Rosie, that is, if my brother doesn't get the game day 1. After a few matches against cpus, I will be playing Smash Run to get custom moves.

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman
Very Very first thing its quite obvious.

Controls--> change--> R for grab; L for shield; tap jump stick off.

I refuse to play a match or live in a world where R is shield, its just wrong.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'll play some versus matches with the newcomers, then I'll try to unlock everybody.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
I'll unlock everyone, then I'll start playing VS. matches.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Gonna try Wii Fit Trainer a few times, then later try Sheik and C. Falcon.
Will probably then just play a few matches with friends to see how good the online is.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I'm gonna play 1 round of For Fun Mode with Pit and never play it again for a week lol
After that I will do a 72-hour stream for the next 3 days (Oct 3rd-5th) and then record my YouTube channel videos of the game.
(Week of X character in For Glory mode, Let's Play X character in Solo Mode, Brawl vs Sm4sh moveset changes, ect)

Last edited:

SmashTwitcherii

Smash Rookie
NNID
OcarinaHero
I'll do some training, then some For Fun mode. Then maybe For Glory mode. And then go back to For Fun mode and test characters. And then hip-hop to Smash Run.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Mario vs Sonic vs PacMan vs Megaman. That 4 times so I can try them all out.
Then 1v1 with Villager 1 or 2 stock matches until I unlock everyone. Then unlock every single stage.
After that, ONLINE! (Random online, don't like playing with strangers and adding them to my 3ds, especially if there is voice chat)

Zanwald

Smash Rookie
Put myself in a 4 player team battle with 3 CPU's. Put them all on the same team and start learning if I can main Little Mac. I'll put him on a stage where it's easy to fall as well for the learning curve of his recovery.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Put the game card into my 3DS, pick stock battle, pick Mario, then walk off the stage. :]

shapular

Smash Ace
Probably something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69AyYUJUBTg

Then when I actually play it, I'll play some short 1v1s with every character on every stage and figure out what characters I like, then maybe go into training mode a little bit and learn how to use those characters, then probably go into Smash Run or Classic and try to unlock stuff.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
1. Turn on the game, watch the (presumably awesome) intro and stuff.
2. Probably giggle like a fangirl (even though I'm a guy).
3. Games and More > Customization > new nickname > Jamie > Controls > turn Tap Jump off, set Shield to L and Grab to R. (Too used to guarding with L during Super Training in Pokémon X & Y.)
4. Probably do Training mode for a while, testing out how every character works and just figuring out what all of their moves do. I never play a character in Smash Bros. without first knowing what all of their moves are.
5. Play VS mode against CPUs to get a feel for things and then probably spam Smash Run for custom moves.
6. Attempt to unlock Bowser Jr. (and whoever else we find out about that looks to be good) as fast as possible.

And as soon as my friends have the game:
?. Invite friends over and play VS mode over local wireless. Pwn them all with combo knowledge gained from Youtube vids of the Japanese version (and my own playtesting) and my epic skill at abusing rolling dodges and sidesteps.

Kilvus

Smash Rookie
Probably going to go through Classic Mode a few times to unlock new characters and play Robin, Ike, and Lucina (hopefully).

Top Bottom