• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the easiest way to camp with kirby?

Foy

Smash Champion
Need to know, cause im thinking of entering this really scrubby brawl tournament and haven't touched the game since when i first dropped it. And i don't feel like playing anyone high tier and do super dumb stuff to kids.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Just jump around and use bair nonstop, then use Kirby's broken fsmash to finish the job by going through almost everyone's attacks. If you really want to, end your matches quickly with a kirbicide (or any of the kirbicide follow-ups), like kirbicide>footstool, kirbicide>spit under stage, or even the simple kirbicide.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
Don't forget to inhale your opponent -granted that he has a good camping B move. Kirby can sometimes use camping tools better than their contemporaries (Eg. Pikachu, Mario, Snake)
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
☠
Don't forget to inhale your opponent -granted that he has a good camping B move. Kirby can sometimes use camping tools better than their contemporaries (Eg. Pikachu, Mario, Snake)
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Don't forget falco! Kirby is just amazing with those multiple jumps and lasers. xD

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
B-air like the wind. If one of those scrubs picks MK, ull still have a tool to defeat them.

Magma Dolphin

Smash Apprentice
If approaching from above, you can use kirby's d-air and string it into and f-smash. although it is not a "True Combo" it works well. Furthermore, f-air is a decent approach move and another option if you are getting tired of b-airs all the time; f-air is also a great approach when coming back onto the stage from a ledge, especially if your opponent is expecting a reversed b-air. Stone drop is fun if mindgamed correctly, but do not throw this move out unless you are a) almost positive it will hit and it is worth the risk, or b) you know it wont hit, but it will force a retreat, airdodge, or simply make your opponent nervous. As for inhale, suicides are fun, but i would recommend being a life ahead before trying to force the suicide, otherwise, you could mess up and die just by error. Only copy abilities you feel comfortable using and that you can use to take a larger advantage in the matchup; if you don't like the ability don't take it, keep inhale as an option instead. Kirby's grabs are great, learn to use them and the strings/combos associated with them on different characters. Use dash attack, some opponents don't realize just how long the move lasts and take the last few hits, or get shield poked. Only use hammer as a surprise attack or to assist your recovery, it tends to work better if the opponent is expecting an aerial, dodges the first hammer swing and get done in by the second in the air. be careful using hammer on the ground, or just don't. I think that's all I have to say right now... would anyone like to add or refute?

DRGN

Technowizard
Don't forget falco! Kirby is just amazing with those multiple jumps and lasers. xD
Yeah, until the Falco remembers he has a down-b. Nice in Doubles though.

B-air like the wind. If one of those scrubs picks MK, ull still have a tool to defeat them.
Actually, MK's fairs and bairs (most of his aerials actually) out-prioritize bair. He has a [disjointed] sword after all. It sucks, I know.

>.< Oohh, multiquote button... I miss it.

As for the OP, you can retreat to the air a lot. Basically camping entails a lot of just waiting around and letting them come to you (not necessarily strait-up running. so especially in Brawl there can sometimes be a pretty fine difference between that and just playing normally). But with Kirby you can do a lot of floating around; maybe look for openings from there, if not, float over their head and go to the other side (or even under some stages). Fastfall bair or airdodge attempted interceptions of the latter. Otherwise (or better: mixing this in) in general you can do what other people have suggested and put up a semi-barrier of bairs. The shorter durations on tilts are more fit for guerrilla or hit-and-run tactics (especially important in Doubles), as they can be slipped in easier and allow you to then do something else or get away quicker. Such interceptions may also further incite them to be rash if they're not a high-level player.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
If approaching from above, you can use kirby's d-air and string it into and f-smash.
I can say from experience that this doesn't work well. An opponent can and will punish you after the f-smash.

Stone drop is fun if mindgamed correctly, but do not throw this move out unless you are a) almost positive it will hit and it is worth the risk, or b) you know it wont hit, but it will force a retreat, airdodge, or simply make your opponent nervous. As for inhale, suicides are fun, but i would recommend being a life ahead before trying to force the suicide, otherwise, you could mess up and die just by error.
It's better to just not use it all. No real reward that your aerials couldn't do better, and way too much risk.

Use dash attack, some opponents don't realize just how long the move lasts and take the last few hits, or get shield poked.
Incorrect. The majority of the opponents know exactly how long the move lasts. More importantly they know exactly when to grab you after you do it. Yes it is a good move to take out a low shield. No. it is not good to just throw it out there when one feels like he wants more variety to his attacks.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's better to just not use it all. No real reward that your aerials couldn't do better, and way too much risk.
When snakes are coming down from off the top of the screen, I use stone to eat their airdodges. I also use stone to punish all ledge getup options, even ledgehopped stuff. I gotta say, it's helped me a lot more than a charged fsmash since the fsmash probably wasn't gonna kill them anyway, and it stays fresh.

Incorrect. The majority of the opponents know exactly how long the move lasts. More importantly they know exactly when to grab you after you do it. Yes it is a good move to take out a low shield. No. it is not good to just throw it out there when one feels like he wants more variety to his attacks.
Dash attack has helped me innumerable times against a lot of characters, mainly Snakes. They like to pull a grenade and retreat while grabbing since they think we'll try to run in and shieldgrab... A dash attack is multihit, so when they try to grab, they're gonna eat one hit and be sent off flying.

Still, to play gay with Kirby, never use these. Just bair.

Magma Dolphin

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Kewkky for the support. And I agree that b-air is one of kirby's most versatile and effective moves in countless and various situations, the other options are all viable if you are reading your opponent correctly. yes sometimes you run the risk of being punished, but opponents don't always expect the unexpected. by no means was i suggesting to SPAM dash attack, lol. just know when it would be effective and monopolize on it. same goes for the other moves.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
Kewkky said it best. Especially against top tiers. Dash attack (yo-yo spin attack) has multiple hitboxes, the last hit being the strongest and poking and helping me in dire situations. Patience is also imporant. Bairs will be effective if you play the game right.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
Bair walls are fun, you can inhale snaks falcos and the like for projectile camping which is also fun!
but i would be careful about dash attacks for certain characters, lighter ones like marth can DI out of it and aerial, dsmash, ds, usmash etc etc.

Top Bottom