• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what's the deal with DK's special?

the real silvers

Smash Rookie
hiya,

so i main DK. i think he's a legend, but i can't help but think his special is a bit lame...

what do you think?

one reason i am not getting the most out of it though, is that i press the a and b buttons to try and make the blast radius wider but i am not entirely sure what i am doing...

what rhythm should i be pressing the buttons to? his song? or do i press the buttons in time with how he hits his drums? does it matter which button i press... a or b?

i would really appreciate some help on this one.

also... are there any particular scenarios where it works best? as in... to the side, above people etc...

thanks

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
The best way to learn DK's Final Smash is by turning it off and stop playing the lolrandom version of Smash. While your at it, turn off the rest of the items too. Thats what most of the people here did anyways.

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Press A as DK hits the bongos. Activate it in the middle of the stage.

Jingo is right, though. You should turn items off if you want to improve how skilfully you play — or if you want to play matches that are, at least, not reduced to complete chaos.

RabidClone

Smash Rookie
^Simple as that.
But really, final smashes are just for fun. STOP PLAYING THE GAME HOW SAKURAI INTENDED IT TO BE PLAYED.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
There's really nothing wrong with being mean to scrubs as soon as they reveal themselves. If you want to discuss Final Smashes, go to Gamefaqs.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
couldnt one do it to the right, in midair if it stops them from being able to avoid it?

Mezna

Smash Cadet
I've recently started with DK, but His FS is pretty easy. Like people have said, press A when his hands are hitting the bongos. Or, if you're not good at that, just find a nice steady pace to tap the button. The time between all the waves is exactly the same, so if you get the first 3-4 right, just stay at the same pace and you should be on track for the rest. If you get off beat just look at his hands.

But like lotsa people said, no itemz nub! In all seriousness, if you have to really on ray guy to push people off the edge or fan to get there damage over 9000, you're not really playing with skill... Not saying you do that, of course...

the real silvers

Smash Rookie
tap A to the timing that he hits the bongos. thanks to everyone who simply answered the question i asked. i really appreciate it.

that's all i wanted.

Top Bottom