• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best way to get passed Falco's laser approach with Marth?

ST9

Smash Rookie
OK so I've been going to my local tournaments every month and always run into so many Falco's and I just can't get past their lasers. So i was just wondering what the best option is to beat these laser approaches with Marth.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
This is a question many are still trying to figure out lol

Dash in -> powershield -> action OOS (out of shield) is pretty good
It is also really helpful if you know how to dash ASAP after getting hit by a laser (they don't do too much stun)
Marth also has enough time to descend with a fair if he gets hit during his short-hop

Generally as Marth you want stay within sword distance and make the bird scared to laser.

ST9

Smash Rookie
OK thanks for the help. I've also been practicing shield stop F-airs and N-airs to wall Falco out if he tries to grab.

Traivlin

Smash Rookie
You could try to implement z-powershields (holding A and pressing Z + normal R or L powershield input at the same time). If I recall correctly, with normal shield you have 1 frame to powershield a laser and with a lightshield, you'll have 2. Also z-powershields enable you to reflect Falco's lowest lasers when you're crouching, when otherwise it would be either impossible or almost impossible (0 frame window or meticulously dependent on spacing).

Top Bottom