• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best way to customize Mii Gunner character costumes?

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
This thread is specifically for Mii Gunners characters.
For Mii Brawler characters click here.
For Mii Swordfighter characters click here.

Many people are upset that King K. Rool and some other character's are Mii Fighter Costumes instead of full fledged characters. There's nothing to worry about. Just because a certain character has been or already is a Mii Outfit, Trophy, assist trophy, poke ball, item, boss, stage boss, stage background element, stage hazard or obstacle, Smash Run enemy, part of another character, etc. doesn't mean they will or wont be a legit smash character.

All I'm trying to say is that as long as we have these Mii Fighters costumes we should at least try and get the closest possible customized Mii to the original character. I know it won't be perfect, but it's worth a try. Hopefully this will somewhat make it up to all of the people who've wanted these characters in Smash.

Here's how we'll do this. Each character will be customized visually and physically/mechanically. Just let me know How you would customize them to be as close to the original character. Most importantly the Custom Special Moves and height & weight are the most important factors.
Visually:
- Custom Headgear & Outfit.
- Mii Maker face and body visuals (Nintendo's made some Mii QR codes that can be used as a basis)
Physically/Mechanically:
- Mii Height & Weight.
- Custom special moves (i.e. Neutral, Side, Up, & Down).
- Custom Equipment (for the over achievers).

Mi Gunner Character Costumes:

X - Mega Man X
X's Helmet + X's Armor.
Mii Face: QR code.
Height & Weight: QR code.
Custom Special Moves:
N- 1 or 2
S- 3
U- 2
D- 3

Proto Man - Mega Man
Proto Man's Helmet + Proto Man's Armor.
Custom Special Moves:
N- 1 or 2
S- 3
U- 1 (nothing else really works here)
D- 1 (represents him using his shield)

MegaMan.EXE - Mega Man Battle Network
MegaMan.EXE's Helmet + MegaMan.EXE's Armor.
Custom Special Moves:
N- 1 (all Mega Busters have charge shots, right?)
S- 2 (I don't think he has a missile)
U- 1 (once again, nothing else really works)
D- 1 (I know he does have a reflector, so this works)

Isabelle - Welcome to Animal Crossing
Isabelle Hat + Isabelle Outfit.
Mii Face: Try to make it match Isabelle.
Height & Weight: Short and Skinny.
Custom Special Moves:
N- 3
S- 1
U- 1
D- 2

Inkling (Boy & Girl) - Splatoon
Inkling Wig + Inkling Outfit (maybe even The Inkling Squid Hat).
Mii Face's: QR codes.
Height & Weight: QR codes.
Custom Special Moves:
N- 2 (Laser Blaze) or 1
S- 2 (Stealth Burst)
U- 3 (Arm Rocket)
D- 2 (Bomb Drop)

K.K. Slider - Welcome to Animal Crossing
K.K. Slider Hat + K.K. Slider Outfit.
Face: preferably white to match the costume.
Height & Weight: very short and skinny.
Custom Special Moves:
N- 2
S- 1 or 2
U- 1
D- 3

Samus - Metroid
Samus's Helmet + Samus's Armor or Hight Tech Armor (orange). (Helmet is optional).
Mii Face: QR code. Mostly irrelevant if you plan on wearing the helmet.
Height & Weight: QR code. Maybe if you maker her slightly skinnier and taller she would better match Samus.
Custom Special Moves:
N- 1 Charge Shot (Charge Shot)
S- 3 Gunner Missile (Missile)
U- 2 Cannon Uppercut or 1 Lunar Launch (Skrew Attack)
D- 2 Bomb Drop (Bomb)
These threads were made specifically for the DLC Mii Fighter character costumes. There are however multiple Mii Fighter characters that can be created and customized from the already available Mii Fighter Outfits and Headgear. The characters may include Barbra the Bat, Captain Falcon, Daisy, Luigi, Mario, Metaknight, Peach, Zelda, Shiek, Shy Guy, Toad, Waluigi, Wario, and many more. If you would like to include one of these custom Mii Fighter characters or one of your own based off of another Character let me know.

Sources:
- http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html.
- http://www.ssbwiki.com/Alternate_costume_%28SSB4%29#Mii_Fighter.

Last edited:

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
X and MegaMan.EXE (and, for that matter, maybe Samus as well) should be 1 or 2 (based on user preference), since in each of their games they have the signature charge shot (Charge Blast) as well as the decent spam shot (Laser Blaze).
I couldn't say for Proto Man since I'm not very familiar with the original series.

Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
For Inklings:

N- 2 (Laser Blaze): Has the rapid fire capability, similar to most of Splatoon's weapons.
S- 2 (Stealth Burst): Comparable to the Blaster-type weapons in Splatoon, which shoot a small ink blob that travels for some time and then explodes.
U- 3 (Arm Rocket): The closest thing in Splatoon would be the Super Jump, which is non-offensive so it would make sense to use this one since it doesn't do any damage.
D- 2 (Bomb Drop): Somewhat comparable to Splatoon's Splat Bombs or Burst Bombs.

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I did for X: (based off of his in-game weapons per my research)

N-1
S-3
U-2
D-3

Proto Man: (same as above)

N-1
S-3
U-1 (nothing else really works here)
D-1 (represents him using his shield)

MegaMan.EXE: (not familiar at all with the character, research was pretty fruitless too so this is my best guess)

N-1 (all Mega Busters have charge shots, right?)
S-2 (I don't think he has a missile)
U-1 (once again, nothing else really works)
D-1 (I know he does have a reflector, so this works)

Isabelle: (all explosive moves, since she's using a firework. For her face I just remade the one seen on the website)

N-3
S-1
U-1
D-2

K.K. Slider: (...yeah, this one was hard. I just went with stuff that looked the most "musical" to me, as subjective as that is. For his face I remade the one on the website)

N-2
S-1 or 2
U-1
D-3

For Samus, I think 2-Cannon Uppercut works much better as a pseudo-Screw Attack, since both give you less vertical height but hit opponents multiple times on the way up.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
For Inklings:

N- 2 (Laser Blaze): Has the rapid fire capability, similar to most of Splatoon's weapons.
S- 2 (Stealth Burst): Comparable to the Blaster-type weapons in Splatoon, which shoot a small ink blob that travels for some time and then explodes.
U- 3 (Arm Rocket): The closest thing in Splatoon would be the Super Jump, which is non-offensive so it would make sense to use this one since it doesn't do any damage.
D- 2 (Bomb Drop): Somewhat comparable to Splatoon's Splat Bombs or Burst Bombs.
Somebody actually likened S- 1 (Fire Charge) to a Splash Wall, which I though was pretty clever. Both sort of work, though using a splash wall makes a bit more sense since it doesn't give you multiple main weapons, then again multiple secondaries isn't accurate either.

Top Bottom