• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the best type of grab for the dthrow chain grab?

wangston

Smash Lord
Should I walk up to the opponent and grab, should I dash grab, or should I shield cancel grab?

Vro

Smash Lord
It's not obvious. Grabbing is always unique to each situation. If you dash grab, you're likely to get punished unless your grab was timed in such a way the opponent couldn't react.

Grab however you can, just don't do it in every opening possible because your opponent will catch quickly. It's also likely that they'll avoid being grabbed by all means, seeing as how Falco's chaingrab is common fact.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Shield grab or dash cancelled by shielding grab. AFAIK, standing grabs have longer range than dashing grabs.

wangston

Smash Lord
I've been using the walking grab because it is standing grab but I think some characters are getting out of the chain grab earlier as in just 2 throws because I'm not close enough. Dash grab works but it's range is considerable smaller. The shield cancel grab seems to long to pull of because the extra frames two pull out the shield seem to take two long. Maybe I'm not dashing at the right time, maybe I start to dash two late.

D

Deleted member

Pivot boost grab from laser works wonders... They almost never see it coming. Either that or shield grab.

Top Bottom