• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats the best thing to do if your gonna hit your enemy first?

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really sure what to do first. but I sometimes use forward or neutral special to start off

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
The most common ways to start a game is either arrow, nair, fair. Arrow forces your opponent to come to you and gives you control over what attacks they will use when coming, it also lets you learn what kind of opponet you are playing against ex. defensive, aggresive ect. Nair is a great approch as it gets you in with a kind of blade mail, as the attack has high piroity, multi hitting, and can be auto canceled. And Fair is good because it helps to close the gap and has reach on it so you can space your self well, also if your ar approching with either a nair or fair then you can switch it up for mind games.

Felis

Smash Cadet
Depends on my opponent, if i am facing a fox falco or any other character that has a reflecter or an absorber type move then i glide attack.

If not I shoot multiple arrows and see how they react.

Nair and Angelic stepping are really good also.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
I tend to short-hop arrow spam for a couple of seconds and wait and see if they're going to come towards me or not.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
For me its 1 arrow to signal the start of battle, or well mirror shield for people who have fast long range projectiles. After either i hit them with an arrow or they hit themselves i charge in. As is known, the first attack is very important and will set the flow of ur battle. First strike and you have an advantage mentally.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Up taunt.

Seriously, though. If opponent has a fast projectile, shield or prepare to shing-shield. While the angel ring is an option, it does leave you quite vulnerable if you're just using it to scramble or reflect a projectile.

Otherwise, just shoot an arrow or two, or try to start off with a chain grab or a throw combo.

Top Bottom