• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What's the best thing about the 50+ fact Extravaganza for you?

JPW

Smash Ace
Definitely Stage Builder and 8 player smash was up there as my favourites. Can't wait to get creative in stage builder. I'm already mapping out the ultimate Sonic Stage. It's going to have a Loop the Loop, Half Pipes and of course Spikes.

8player smash. Imagine the battles, imagine the chaos. We are planning monthly smash meetups from the get go.

I love the new Order modes. They look really interesting. I also love how they're building up classic mode, and they have a rival and challenger on it too.

Not the biggest Mewtwo fan, but i can understand the excitement. I know it's a long shot but i'm hoping for Isaac.

Stage bosses. Well Mainly the Ridley one looks interesting.

Pit getting his own Codex/Codec. I loved this in Uprising, i can't wait to see what they have for Smash Characters lol.

Definitely love the look of the new DK stage, Miiverse stage sounds interesting.

Tournament Mode is a really good idea. And I hope it goes well for them.

Music selection always loved the My Music and more music than ever. And Trophies OH MY GOD! And the stuff we can do now!!! I want some of those trophies in real life too.

All in all. Very exicitng. Can't wait for the Wii U version. Sucks it comes out on the same weekend as my brother's wedding, i wont play it till the monday. lol.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I think the Smash Bros. team did a great job! Some highlights:

- Beautiful new stages
- The stage bosses
- Online Multiplayer couch co-cop
- 8 Player smash! (Don't know how often I'll use it though. :( )
- Event Matches
- Classic Mode looks fun
- Master Orders looks...interesting. I'm still not sure what's going on with that.
- DLC characters hopefully confirmed!
- Co-op EVERYTHING!

Some disappointments:
- I'm not a fan of Smash Tour so far. I don't like the use of miis in the game, and I don't want to have to collect fighters. I was hoping we could choose our own fighter and simply play through a Mario Party-like game mode, where the minigames are just smash battles. Oh well... I don't really even think I would use this as a party game with people just because it looks too dang complicated for casual players to pick up and play.

- Target Smash Bomb thingy is back. Meh. Played it once on 3ds, never looked back.

- Ridley. Yeah, I was a little disappointed at his role. But you know what? He looks bad***. And they tried their best to make him important, or as close to being a fighter as possible, without actually being one. He can even be knocked out, or work with you. So that's cool.

- I'm a little worried that they're still talking about that Wii Lan Adapter. I REALLY hope the Wii U version has less lag. They seem to be hyping up the multiplayer a lot, so I hope it's worth it.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
- Bowser Jr. trailer.
- 8 player Smash
- Mewtwo
- Ridley's expanded role
- The superb Stage Builder
- The huge Music selection
- The announcer's LARGE HAM

It was a fun ride.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
  1. My sub-main Mewtwo is finally returning!
  2. All the co-op options, online and off, I can help my brother suck less and I can play the game with my nephew (though with the latter I would never take online, he's 8 and can barely play NSMB Wii).
  3. Jungle Hijinks and Great Cave Offensive, just... wow.
  4. Wrecking Crew gets a stage, I never thought it would get represented. Now to hope for a Foreman Spike appearance of any kind...
  5. Not sure how I feel about 8-player Smash, except in team battles. I'm just imagining a four on four match!
  6. Stage Builder. It has cannons, wonderful cannons!
  7. Metal Face's heavenly voice.
  8. Seriously what they did for Ridley is basically the best the character could possibly get outside of assist trophy. Hate to point it out but in the video he's like, three times Dedede's size, that would cause so many problems on any other stage. Though I would prefer if he were most just a generic stage hazard, him taking sides seems a little... annoying on paper at least.
  9. Most of all, I can use the 3DS as a controller. I've gotten used to Smash on the 3DS and it's the version I'll take on the go, for obvious reasons, so having the same controls with both versions will help. It's like many other people with Gamecube controllers, anything else would just feel wrong.
  10. The fact that the Wii U gamepad has a MICROPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Though a few dishonorable mentions:
  1. I don't know, I had to watch it on my phone so the resolution jumped from good to horrible. Not really the video's fault, but I'll blame it on the video anyways since I feel like I have to complain about something.
  2. Seriously I know I'm like the only person on earth that dislike's Hyrule Temple, but Hyrule Temple returning...

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
All of that glorious music. Oh, and that stage builder looked pretty cool, I probably won't use it but I'm excited to see what other people come up with.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Favorite parts are tons of new/past stages, Ridley finally deconfirmed, Mewtwo DLC confirmed, Bowser Jr. trailer, Master Fortress, Events mode, Master/Crazy Orders, and Kid Icarus codecs.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Facts 1-54. True story.
Btw. How many times have you guys watched over the presentation? (4 for me)

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I don't think there's anything in that Direct I didn't like.

- 8 player Smash looks quite exciting.
- Cave Offensive looks insanely fun.
- Smash Tour looks like a great twist to Smash Bros.
- The new Classic Mode is very intriguing.
- I predicted the interactions between Palutena and Pit discussing enemy attributes, but it's still exciting to see this back in the game nonetheless.
- Master and Crazy Orders.
- The return of the great Mewtwo!
- N64 Kongo Jungle's return.
- Online tournaments! Hopefully better online in general over Brawl.
- DLC basically confirmed.

This list could go on and on really, Smash Wii U just has so much content in it; I can't wait.

Kese

Smash Cadet
NNID
agentghost29
Everything was extravagant. There's a lot of packed content in this, it's awesome

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Made a video on it:

Honestly!? Congo Jungle 64 & Mewtwo is simply amazing!

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I agree. Nintendo is usually above tactics like this. But after the major mess that was the Hyrule Warrior, Pre-Order costumes, I don't have faith in Nintendo that this will indeed be paid DLC one day. So Nintendo but your mistake with the HW pre-order DLC lost some of my faith in you.
Actually, that was all Tecmo Koei in regards to Hyrule Warriors not Nintendo. They tend to be more aggressive with they're DLC in Dynasty Warrior style games so it's really no surprise. Nintendo isn't perfect of course and at the end of the day, they are a company after all, but I have faith they will do the right thing in with Smash Bros. DLC.

BlackAcidX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlackAcidX
3DS FC
1332-9003-7116
Like everyone one else as already said, I loved EVERYTHING about this Direct. However, the one that caught my attention the most would have to be the Online Tournament mode; this is just so convenient.

I haven't a clue if the competitive scene will use this as a secondary way of hosting tournaments, but I'd love it if they did. I don't mind doing Local tournaments, but being a guy who lives in the middle of nowhere, having to drive all around the state to get around to these fest can be a pain on the wallet.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Did anyone else notice, in the scene with Kirby, Pikachu and Charizard and someone else, for the Team Smash 3DS thing, in the back on the Punch Out!! screen it said Kirby and Pikachu's names. Kirby's was "The Pink Puffball" and Pikachu's was "Pika Pika!"

Top Bottom