• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's More Broken #Pi

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, you'd have to be really precise in both timings and spacings to do well. I'd like to see a mod that does this (even a P:M mod).

JKJ

Smash Ace
Lol @ Purpletuce and others saying Falco is more broken
I had an extensive argument with Purpletuce already in Falco thread about the Falco-Yoshi MU, where he said amusing things like "Your bair and dair always go through my recovery"
And in response to my statement about Yoshi's double jump armor protecting him, he offered the wonderfully irrelevant fact: "Your f-smash breaks my Double Jump at ~40%"
Don't even bother with the people who say Falco is broken. EVERY CHARACTER is said to be broken by someone. And everyone who plays that character will think that their character is overrated and not as good as everyone thinks.
For example, I think that Falco is an offensive juggernaut, but is the easiest character to combo and kill. To me, it balances out.
Peach is really hard on noob spacies, yes, and so is Puff/Sheik. But hey, the players of all those characters think that they are balanced. Peach combos hard and is hard to kill, but she is slow and gets run-around by faster characters. Sheik combos are easy and kill at obscenely low percents, but Sheik's recovery is easily edgeguarded by a simple ledge-getup into a strong attack (as she has obscene landing lag). Puff (obviously) kills spacies with ease, but she dies at very low percents. Also, I didn't even mention how obnoxious Marth is. I hate when people say the Marth-Falco MU is even, I think Marth has the edge easily. But Marth has laggy moves, and gets combo'd pretty hard by Falco.

EVERYTHING BALANCES OUT. Y'all can calm down with the "X character is SO BROKEN".
except if you play low tiers...your characters are inherently worse than high tiers. But high tiers STILL aren't broken

With regards to the thread, the Yoshi would be more broken. If Yoshi could jump OOs hed be a completely different character, and if he could parry like this?...whoo boy.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I think Falco-Marth is pretty damn even. I would give the edge to Marth, but only because powershielding makes Falco's life hell.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
All of High Tier is broken compared to Samus. Get out of here. :smirk:

YOshi could just WD oos -> parry to deal with moving stages. . . since the entire thing would take 10 frames, nobody would even be able to react to it, so gannon would have to guess when yoshi would wd, and if he messes up, he gets punished. . .
Oh Yeah, 10 frames of lag. Yoshi has a 6 frame jump, so actually 16 frames.
Average human reaction time is 10-12 frames.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
10-12 is a little fast... But if wave dash is 16 you would have to get a perfect reaction for nearly anything.

Half of the hitbox duration isn't a big deal, gannon has long ones already. It would make him worse at zoning, but his new speed would balance it. Most of yoshi's attacks are 2 frame window to start with.

Saying spacies are more broken then either is obviously a joke. Also, I think yoshi is underrated. My previously mentioned statements were an attempt to demonstrate to you some advantages falco has over yoshi. All of ky points were relevant. If you think everything balances out among characters, go play Roy against a peach or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The only answer is: Mewtwo with double the weight, range and priority. :mewtwomelee:

Varist

Smash Lord
Lol @ Purpletuce and others saying Falco is more broken
I had an extensive argument with Purpletuce already in Falco thread about the Falco-Yoshi MU, where he said amusing things like "Your bair and dair always go through my recovery"
And in response to my statement about Yoshi's double jump armor protecting him, he offered the wonderfully irrelevant fact: "Your f-smash breaks my Double Jump at ~40%"
Don't even bother with the people who say Falco is broken. EVERY CHARACTER is said to be broken by someone. And everyone who plays that character will think that their character is overrated and not as good as everyone thinks.
For example, I think that Falco is an offensive juggernaut, but is the easiest character to combo and kill. To me, it balances out.
Peach is really hard on noob spacies, yes, and so is Puff/Sheik. But hey, the players of all those characters think that they are balanced. Peach combos hard and is hard to kill, but she is slow and gets run-around by faster characters. Sheik combos are easy and kill at obscenely low percents, but Sheik's recovery is easily edgeguarded by a simple ledge-getup into a strong attack (as she has obscene landing lag). Puff (obviously) kills spacies with ease, but she dies at very low percents. Also, I didn't even mention how obnoxious Marth is. I hate when people say the Marth-Falco MU is even, I think Marth has the edge easily. But Marth has laggy moves, and gets combo'd pretty hard by Falco.

EVERYTHING BALANCES OUT. Y'all can calm down with the "X character is SO BROKEN".
except if you play low tiers...your characters are inherently worse than high tiers. But high tiers STILL aren't broken

With regards to the thread, the Yoshi would be more broken. If Yoshi could jump OOs hed be a completely different character, and if he could parry like this?...whoo boy.
this whole post is obnoxiously wrong
i would write about how that is so, but i have sour cream and onion chip dust on my hand
i bought them yesterday because i have not had them for four years and thought the returned taste would bring with it nostalgia from my home state
falco is broken, anyone who says he isn't either doesn't play this game at a high level or is trolling
you're not trolling because i felt like it was worth licking the sour cream and onion dust off my fingers to write this
i would not do that for a troll
jkj pls go

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Sour Cream and onion nostalgia only reminds me of awkward parties in middle/high school. . . like school parties and stuff. . . now I want some though. Dayum.

JKJ

Smash Ace
Saying spacies are more broken then either is obviously a joke. Also, I think yoshi is underrated. My previously mentioned statements were an attempt to demonstrate to you some advantages falco has over yoshi. All of ky points were relevant. If you think everything balances out among characters, go play Roy against a peach or something.
I understood that you were joking, but it just reminded me of our debate in Falco thread.
Obviously everything doesn't balance out, the tier list still exists. Some characters are inherently better than others. Yoshi is worse than Falco. Roy is worse than Peach. That's not what I was arguing. I was arguing that no high tier is "broken", all have exploitable weaknesses.
I don't know why I was in an arguing mood when I posted yesterday, but I really don't want to make enemies. You seem like a nice enough person.
No hard feelings, my friend.

this whole post is obnoxiously wrong
i would write about how that is so, but i have sour cream and onion chip dust on my hand
i bought them yesterday because i have not had them for four years and thought the returned taste would bring with it nostalgia from my home state
falco is broken, anyone who says he isn't either doesn't play this game at a high level or is trolling
you're not trolling because i felt like it was worth licking the sour cream and onion dust off my fingers to write this
i would not do that for a troll
jkj pls go
I don't even know how to respond to this post.
Falco is broken, but you play Fox.
Falco is broken, but Armada was able to beat the best Falco in the world with Peach.
Falco is broken, but Mew2king took out MaNg0's Falco with Sheik and Marth.

Are all high tiers broken? If that's the logic, I understand. High tiers are much better than the rest of the cast, so if they all are broken, you are just substituting "broken" for my description of high tiers as "good".
If you mean to say that Falco is broken and the other high tiers aren't, then I don't know what to say to you. Enjoy your chips.

Varist

Smash Lord
I understood that you were joking, but it just reminded me of our debate in Falco thread.
Obviously everything doesn't balance out, the tier list still exists. Some characters are inherently better than others. Yoshi is worse than Falco. Roy is worse than Peach. That's not what I was arguing. I was arguing that no high tier is "broken", all have exploitable weaknesses.
I don't know why I was in an arguing mood when I posted yesterday, but I really don't want to make enemies. You seem like a nice enough person.
No hard feelings, my friend.

I don't even know how to respond to this post.
Falco is broken, but you play Fox.
Falco is broken, but Armada was able to beat the best Falco in the world with Peach.
Falco is broken, but Mew2king took out MaNg0's Falco with Sheik and Marth.

Are all high tiers broken? If that's the logic, I understand. High tiers are much better than the rest of the cast, so if they all are broken, you are just substituting "broken" for my description of high tiers as "good".
If you mean to say that Falco is broken and the other high tiers aren't, then I don't know what to say to you. Enjoy your chips.
>Actually thinking peoples' character icons are what they play 100% of the time
>Not realizing Peach is Falco's only hard matchup (outside another Falco lool)
>Not understanding how M2K managed to beat Mango's falco
>Still thinking Falco's a balanced character at any level of play

I remember when I was this ignorant to how many tools Falco actually has

Bones0

Smash Legend
If you think any top tier matchup is easy, you're an idiot. Just because a matchup is in one character's favor doesn't mean it's easy. If Falco was easy to play vs. all the other characters, all the Falco players would be getting huge upsets at every national. It also overlooks the fact that most Falco players use secondaries for many matchups.

Varist

Smash Lord
Perfectly played Falco will beat perfect anything except for Peach 100% of the time

Semantics arguments are the most embarrassing thing ever, I expected more from you bones

Varist

Smash Lord
>Thinking I'm talking about TAS frame-perfect and not Mango/M2K/PP perfect with no stupid aggro mistakes or SDs

you're not even trying to have an intelligent discussion, you're just trying to turn this into something stupid :embarrass:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Not sure I can have an intelligent discussion with someone who thinks the tier list should be based off of godlike gameplay that is unobtainable by human standards.

This thread is supposed to be about broken Yoshi vs. Ganon anyway. I have been holding off on posting my opinion because I wanted to see what others thought, but I think a lot of people are underestimating Yoshi with such a strong parry. Ganon would certainly be easier to use, but he still move slow meaning Yoshi could approach quite easily with parries.

Varist

Smash Lord
semantics -> strawman?

You just defined "not SDing and playing the matchup perfectly" as "godlike gameplay unobtainable by human standards"

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
>Thinking I'm talking about TAS frame-perfect and not Mango/M2K/PP perfect with no stupid aggro mistakes or SDs
Well, the problem with that is there's no such thing. We don't know how they'd play like that because they never do and never can. They definitely have great moments, of course, but that's not considered perfect play.

Top Bottom